Wake on LAN

Discussion in 'Networks' started by Fergal1982, Dec 4, 2005.

1. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

Quick question guys. If i have a PC set to wake on LAN, can i power it up from another XP Pro machine on the network? and if so, how?

Thanks
    Fergal

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  2. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

First thing I came up with HERE, Fergal. HTH.

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  3. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  4. Fergal1982

hmmm. dont think i have a wake on lan cable. will have to see if i can dig one up somewhere.

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
  5. Fergal1982

you know what MIGHT help? having the pc i want to boot on the LAN, as opposed to the USB connection to the router.

6. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Did we just hear a Homer Simpson moment somewhere near Aberdeen ? :rolleyes:

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  7. Fergal1982

yeah pretty much. im thinking of getting a new PC when i get a tax rebate, so ill get a router too. should be all good (also want to set up the main system as dual monitor, and set the second monitor to a KVM switch with my other systems).

Fergal