Wait for 2009?

Discussion in 'A+' started by jackjve5, May 26, 2009.

1. jackjve5

jackjve5 New Member

If the 2009 objectives are coming out this year, shouldn't I wait for the 2009 test to release so I'm not asked by a future employer to go back and get the 2009 objectives. I don't see the point of spending 400$ to get certified under 2006 if i'm ever going to be asked to get the 2009 exam by an employer. Does anyone with experience in the real world know if employers or any employers ask their IT department to keep their A+ certs up to date?

2. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

you sure you are not mixing up this with Network+?
    A+ changed i think in 2007, and they are not planning on changing them anytime soon

3. jackjve5

jackjve5 New Member

A+ changed in 2006, and is still using the 2006 objectives. A+ 2009 objectives have already been sent out as a survey but have not yet been given a release date. There is only about 7 months left in the year so its not too far away from releasing. which is why i want to make sure if i get the 2006 exam would I ever be told "sorry you need the 2009 A+ certificate".

4. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

The A+ credential is for life, so you don't have to worry about that. As for specific companies wanting you to have the most up to date version, I don't know of any. If they did require you to have the most up to date version, then it would be part of their CPD program for you.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security