W2K8 Eventviewer email notification

Discussion in 'Software' started by HTF, Jul 16, 2010.

1. HTF

HTF Byte Poster

I would like to attach a task to event in Windows 2008 so it will send an email. Do I need mail server on the same machine, or I can use any emails accounts?

Certifications: A+
  2. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

Not sure you understand the technology you're playing with here. :blink

You will need an SMTP server set up on your local network to handle this. If you have an internal mail server, use the IP address of this, and allow The IP address of the server you're monitoring as a relay address in the SMTP connector. I'm guessing this is for your work - correct? If so, then talk to your Exchange/mail administrator about the latter part.

Finally, disable any protection on port 25 outbound on any desktop AV client you may have (it will be called 'Mass-Mail worm protection' or similar). McAfee especially is a PITA for this.

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  3. HTF

HTF Byte Poster

It's just a lab environment I will try with hmailserver later on.

I have another issue now with Kerberos authentication. I enabled 'Account logon' audit and I can see audit failure every 10 minutes in the logs. Is there any configuration error. It's just a clean install ans server is configured as a DC. Error message below. Is there any problem with Kerberos authentication

Certifications: A+