Volunteer Work does pay!

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by UCHEEKYMONKEY, Aug 1, 2006.

1. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

Thanks Arroryn :biggrin

Good luck on your volunteer thing!

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  2. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

Well it's a bit too early for work, but I am going to complian about how lazy people are. I am referring to people who do not put the shopping trolleys back in the trolley park. They leave them scatted all over the car park. So you can't drive into a space without getting out of your car and moving them.

I was sat in the car at B&Q's car park, when I heard a loud noise from behind, I stepped out of the car to see what was going on and noticed a large trolley had gone into the back of my car. I'm not talking about a food shopping trolley, but one used for carrying cement bags.

[​IMG]

It broke the bumper, light lense and dented the wing. I looked around and saw a bloke hiding his face with his coat and then jumping into car to drive off. Clearer he couldn't be bothered to return it and decided to leave it in the car park!!

Unfortunately the carpark has a slight slope, well you can imagine what happened!

:scratch :mad :cussing still at least I was not hurt, god knows what would of happened if it had hit me!

UCM8)

3. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Unlucky mate, it’s a long shot but their might be CCTV in the car park and the whole thing was recorded.

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  4. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

That's what I thought, I also had a witness. I went into B&Q and told what happen they said they are not liable because there's a sign out there saying their not.

When I asked about CCTV they said they have but not in the car park:rolleyes:

Anyway, thanks for your support mate have a good weekend!:biggrin

5. arisen

arisen Byte Poster

Fantastic, well done and congrats

Certifications: BEng, PRINCE2, ITIL, Net+
    WIP: MSc, Linux+ 2009, RHCE
  6. shevavironx

shevavironx Bit Poster

Nice work wel done!

Another nice stepping stone is First Line IT Support for broadband, always seems to be lots of jobs. Good way to break in mind and the NHS are on the whole good to work for ( My missus is a Nurse):D

WIP: A+, Network+ and MCSE 2003
  7. Kerfuffle

Kerfuffle Nibble Poster

First of all, a belated congratulations UCM.

Having read through this post I'm eager to ask the same question as Jada did - and one I think, you were too jubilant to come around to answer

Now I've checked out do-it.org.uk and a few others but like Jada said, they don't seem to be that IT based.

Certifications: A+, Network+, ITIL v3, 70-270
    WIP: 70-290
  8. Weemez

Weemez Kilobyte Poster

UCM thats great news!

Having done the exact same thing myself (volunteering for NHS) for the last year i managed to get a 3 month secondment out of it at the start of this year, it was a great experience!

I went for an interview a couple of months ago and a guy that had been there on a temp contract for 2 years got the post which was fair enough but the good thing was that even though there were others there at the interview that were on temp contracts i was told a week later that i had come a very close second in the interview. Now i know second aint much good for 1 post but i have another interview on Friday 17th Nov for a new post so there's a good chance.

Hopefully i will be joining you in NHS employment soon mate!
    Wish me luck!

Certifications: HNC Computing A+ N+ ICND1
    WIP: ICND2