Vodafone stuff

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by zxspectrum, Jun 3, 2010.

1. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

I recently checked myvodafone bill which is unusual for me as i trust them to take out the correct amount each month. Im on £30 a month tarrif with calss and unlimited texts etc as part of the deal. I dont know why i checked it but i looked and i was being charged an extra £20, now the extra charges were for sky sports and insurance.

Id not ordered any of these, but i do remeber about a year ago a pushy sales person offereing me the insurance for 3, for 3 months and trhen id have to ring up to cancel etc. However, i specifically told them that i didnt want it and thought that was the ned of it. I have gone over my statements for the last year and basically the have charged me every month, for services which i didnt request. I rang them up and got some prat on the phone who said that they would refund the last month, to which i replied what about the other 11, and i basically i started getting fobbed off with the usual i cant do that sir.

Now i know i should check every month, but as they are in the wrong, then i think a refund is in order, if they had not charged me line rental for 12 months, and then realised that, then id have to pay them the money i owe etc.

Ive cancelled the direct debit with them, and i dare say they will get in touch in a few weeks time, i was just wondering if anyone had any advice on how to go about getting the refund, as i say vodafonde themselves are pretty awful at the customer relation side, and this is th only way i can see of gtetting back at them, i have 4 months left on the contract, and i am seriously considering getting a 30 day rolling sim and changing numbers as well as companys

Ed

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
  2. Nick74

Nick74 Bit Poster

Im not saying you should or shouldnt, but please be aware that cancelling your dd will not do your credit report any good. In the current climate even a late/missed payment on a mobile can be the difference between getting credit or not.

If it were me I would keep paying what is requested until it is resolved, but in the meantime go to the very top of their crappy customer services dept and keep stamping your feet.

Certifications: C&G, A+
  3. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

It depends on whether the committment date has been and gone. If it has, then he can cancel whenever he wants. If not, then they will request payment to end of committment date.

4. Nick74

Nick74 Bit Poster

True, but the post does say 4 months left on the contract, so they will expect to be taking a dd, or an arrangement made to pay it up.

Certifications: C&G, A+
  5. Cockles

Cockles Megabyte Poster

Hi

I'm with Vodafone myself and they can be pretty shoddy

Cancelling teh DD probably won't do it as at present you are contractually obliged to pay a set amount for a set amount of time. However, as with most things, you can get out of the contract in 30 days with written notice. Letting them know you intend to do that is a start

I've found that with these numpties, ring them up and go for the option of 'if you are thinking of leaving Vodafone...' and explain why. These guys are a different business department and have a lot more budget so you may find they are more willing to sort out any differences. I ring them up once a year to get a better deal on my conract and it alwasy seems to work.

Certifications: None
    WIP: Trying to find my car keys
  6. zxspectrum

Well as i type im talking to their customer services through an online chat application, and at the mo they have offered me a one month refund, then a 3 month refund and now they are offering me the full 12 month refund, but this is only for the insurance, they seem to be dwindling on the sky sports stuff for some reason, ive even said to them id take a phone to the value of £200 from them as exchange etc??

Im sticking to my guns on this one lol

Ed

7. zxspectrum

Just thought id let everyone know what the crack was. I eventually got bored and settled for a £150 refund, whihc is the next 5 months of mt line rental paid for, which i think is a result, they are going to credit my account right away.

All in all , a decent result, thanks for the help and advice guys, ive learnt a lesson there, always check your direct debits

Ed

8. Gingerdave

Gingerdave Megabyte Poster

Seems like as good a result as you will get mate - well played.

Certifications: A+,MCP, MCDST, VCP5 /VCP-DV 5, MCTS AD+ Net Inf 2008, MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  9. Luddym

Luddym Megabyte Poster

Does that not leave you out of pocket by about 70quid still?

Certifications: VCP,A+, N+, MCSA, MCSE
    WIP: Christmas Drunkard
  10. Deano

Deano Bit Poster

I currently work in customer service (retentions) for a rival company and what you have experienced it quite normal.

some people have forgotten they have a bundle on their account, or just didnt ask for it and dont check their bills.

most CSR's have around £30 they can offer as a good will gesture for these kind of issues, managers are normally £100-150.

weather its wrong or right, you cant prove what was said a year ago... however on the flip side, they cant prove it.

best option is to ask customer service and get shot down...
    then write in to a complaints dept who will either refund total (sorted!) or most likely refund a partial amount "meet you in the middle"... you can either accept this, or take it a step further with a little risk...
    Set up a claim with a small claims court for the disputed amount (one off cost of £35 i think, that gets refunded on a successful claim). Most big corporations wont even attempt to defend the case (mostly due to cost to defend a legal case out-weighs amount disputed or they are unable to prove your acceptance on the products) which means it will default to you winning the claim.

They have most likely refunded the insurance for you to prevent you taking anything further, as insurance products are heavily regulated by the FSA and there is a big crackdown in the mobile industry at the moment on mis selling insurance products (so im told) as they have to read a FSA script before you accept the product and also send you out T&C of insurance in the post.

Certifications: None :(
    WIP: A+ then N+