vmware question

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by anto6ik7, Aug 22, 2009.

1. anto6ik7

anto6ik7 Nibble Poster

Hello,

I am using vmware. I have installed a server 2003 on it. Now i need a separate partition. Is it possible to create it now? How to do it? What software i could use?

Is it possible to do it before installation still using the vmware?

When i was installing the server i did not do any configurations. The process was automated.

Thanks to everyone for an advice.

Certifications: MCDST, 70-290
    WIP: MCSA
  2. Obinna Osobalu

Obinna Osobalu Banned

If you mean another seperate partition for another guest OS. then all you need to do is open up the VMware environment, click on the Home tab, click on New Virtual Machine, follow the prompts.

Certifications: MCITP:SA,MCTS(x5),MCSE2K3;MCSA2K3:M;MCP
    WIP: EDA7,70-652,Project+,MSP(70-632)
  3. danielno8

danielno8 Gigabyte Poster

if you mean a new partition for the guest OS, just add a hard drive. I only use ESx, in that it's just a cash of right clicking the VM and highligh hard disk, click add.

Certifications: CCENT, CCNA
    WIP: CCNP
  4. anto6ik7

anto6ik7 Nibble Poster

Thank you for your reply.

I have already sorted. i added a new disk. In disk management found a new device and created a new partition.:)

Certifications: MCDST, 70-290
    WIP: MCSA
  5. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

Read the OP's question properly. How is 'a separate partition' likely to mean 'another VM'?

Glad you got it sorted anto6ik7 - you should probably pop along to the VMWare site and register a community user account. The community support forums on vmware's site are awesome - the best I've ever used in fact.

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  6. Obinna Osobalu

Obinna Osobalu Banned

Good to know you got it sorted out. :D

Certifications: MCITP:SA,MCTS(x5),MCSE2K3;MCSA2K3:M;MCP
    WIP: EDA7,70-652,Project+,MSP(70-632)