VMWare is SO COOL!

Discussion in 'Virtual and Cloud Computing' started by tripwire45, Jan 22, 2004.

1. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

8) I fired up VMWare and loaded a copy of Windows XP Professional. I needed to get screen captures of the whole installation process for a project I'm going. It went flawlessly. I could toggle in and out of the virtual set up process, launch a screen capture utility from the host machine and use it to capture and save each screen to a file on the host. I'm really thrilled about the performance...at least at this stage. Of course, I got so excited that I forgot to install VMWare tools until after I installed the guest OS. Didn't seem to affect the OS install, though. Just thought I'd share this with you all.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  2. flex22

flex22 Gigabyte Poster

You don't and can't install VM tools until the guest OS is installed anyway.

Glad your finding it ok to egt on with 8)

3. Phil
    Honorary Member

Phil Gigabyte Poster

:D It's a real buzz when you realise how powerful a tool it is

Certifications: MCSE:M & S MCSA:M CCNA CNA
    WIP: 2003 Upgrade, CCNA Upgrade
  4. Luton Bee

Luton Bee Kilobyte Poster

The main thing you get with VMWare tools is the proper display settings incl all the colour options.

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA, MCP, A+, Network+ C&G ICT
    WIP: CCNA