VMware Horizon View browser access

Discussion in 'Virtual and Cloud Computing' started by Makaveli, Mar 29, 2014.

1. Makaveli

Makaveli Byte Poster

Has anyone setup VMware Horizon View 5.3 for linked clones to be access via an internet browser? I have been able to setup the VMware View client without issue but when I am trying to setup a client to access the virtual desktops via an internet browser I recieve the following error "This desktop does not support the requested display protocol. Please contact your system administrator."

I believe the connection server is setup correctly, as stated above access to the pool works fine when using the View Client

The following steps have been actioned
    - HTML access enable in the pool settings
    - VMware View agent and remote experience installed on the client being used
    - IE 9 installed

2. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

Hi, it might be worth while checking out this link on common HTML access issues Horizon View 5.2 Common HTML5 Access Issues | VMFocus

I have written a number of blog post on installing and configuring View, they are relevant for 5.3 View | VMFocus

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  3. Makaveli

Makaveli Byte Poster

Thanks for the reply craigie, I have spent days trying to figure out what the issue is so I will take a look at those links. Is it essential to have a security server for HTML5 access?