VMware DiskMount Utility

Discussion in 'Software' started by Phil, Dec 1, 2004.

1. Phil
    Honorary Member

Phil Gigabyte Poster

Don't know if you guys that use VMware have seen this already but I thought you might be interested if you haven't.

VMware DiskMount Utility (for Windows XP, Windows 2000 and Windows Server 2003)

This is a Windows installer and documentation for the VMware DiskMount utility. With the VMware DiskMount utility, a VMware virtual disk file can be mounted as a Windows drive letter for read/write access to the files it contains. VMware DiskMount supports virtual disk files created with VMware Workstation 4, VMware GSX Server 2.5.1 and 3 and VMware ESX Server 2. VMware DiskMount can run on Windows 2000/XP/2003 hosts. The VMware DiskMount utility is provided without support from VMware.

http://www.vmware.com/download/diskmount.html

Phil

Certifications: MCSE:M & S MCSA:M CCNA CNA
    WIP: 2003 Upgrade, CCNA Upgrade
  2. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

sounds like a great tool mate, must say i never had, but it would be great for troubleshooting certain errors wouldnt it, sounds neat! :)

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  3. Phil
    Honorary Member

Phil Gigabyte Poster

it surely does :) going to give it a try tomorrow. They've also got details of some software which will port production systems to virtual machines which I thought was even more interesting. Just rip live systems to VM's and test in the VM sandbox, would save loads of time :D Couldn't find details of costs though, so they'll probably want lots of money.

Certifications: MCSE:M & S MCSA:M CCNA CNA
    WIP: 2003 Upgrade, CCNA Upgrade
  4. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Thanks for that Phil. Very interesting especially about the porting.:D

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685