VMware Certified Associate 4 - Desktop

Discussion in 'VMware Certifications' started by Kitkatninja, Feb 9, 2011.

1. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

VMware Certified Associate 4 - Desktop

Get Recognized for your Ability to Increase Efficiency, Reliability and Availability VMware offers world-class Desktop certifications designed to validate and recognize individuals with the technical capabilities and real-world experience needed to increase efficiency, reliability, and availability when delivering desktops from the datacenter as a managed service.

The VMware Certified Associate 4 – Desktop (VCA4-DT) is the first step toward gaining expertise in desktop virtualization and earning the respect and recognition that comes with being VMware Certified. The exam is designed for Desktop System Administrators who seek to demonstrate their ability to manage, monitor and troubleshoot desktop deployments and VMware View components, as well as their knowledge of adjacent, complementary technologies to VMware solutions.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Getting Started VMware Education recommends the listed courses in preparation for the VCA4-DT exam but there are no course requirements in order to take the exam.

See here.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  2. scott28tt

scott28tt Byte Poster

I blogged about this yesterday :-)

http://vmwaretraining.blogspot.com/2011/02/new-desktop-certification.html

Scott.

Certifications: VCP2, VCP3, VCP4, VCP5, VCAP4-DCA, VCI, MCSE (NT-2003)
  3. Kitkatninja

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
  4. Kitkatninja

Unless VMWare provides a code for their beta exams, like MS, the cost of the VCA4 beta exam is £50.

-Ken

5. OnFire

OnFire Nibble Poster

There will also be the VCP4-DT around May this year and then the VCAP4-DT approx November from what I heard at the PEX2011.

Certifications: See Signature
    WIP: None....at last!!
  6. scott28tt

scott28tt Byte Poster

Certifications: VCP2, VCP3, VCP4, VCP5, VCAP4-DCA, VCI, MCSE (NT-2003)