Problem Vlan?

Discussion in 'Virtual and Cloud Computing' started by dblight, Feb 24, 2011.

1. dblight

dblight Bit Poster

Hi all,

I'm using Vmware Workstation 7 and I'm a little bit in the dark about its config, the networking side has me stumped.

I have my normal home LAN with a DHCP w2k8 server and my Windows 7 home machine on a 10.1.0.0 range and I want to be able to setup a LAB LAN enabling internet access but not be able to interact with my home LAN.

My router can support 2 IP addresses and I have 2 NIC in my pc hosting VMWare.

Normally I would use bridged connection binding automatically to my NIC but i want to be able to setup a separate DHCP server and be able to connect to the internet from within the LAB without it throwing out my normal home LAN DHCP?

I did see an article on VMWares support site about binding my second NIC to a VMNet (vlan) so I done that and setup the static IP on my lab server to 10.10.10.x and pointed it to my routers 2nd IP address but cant get it to work!

Any ideas would be appreciated ?

Last edited: Feb 24, 2011
    Certifications: 70-620:Configuring Windows Vista Client
    WIP: 70-640 / 70-642 / 70-646