VLAN Capabilities

Discussion in 'Routing & Switching' started by Ka151, Apr 12, 2007.

1. Ka151

Ka151 Bit Poster

Hi,

Cisco.com is becomming difficult to find information these days being slow and having too much there.

Can anyone help point me to any information on the max number of VLANS a 6500 switch can support?

I've been asked to provide more information on this, but struggling to find any definitive numbers.

Any help?

Certifications: MCP, CCNA, CCDA, CCNP, CCDP and CISSP
    WIP: ITIL Red Badge & a fresh challenge
  2. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Have you googled it? You'd be surprised as I personally in the past have found useful info this way to resolve an Agresso database issue that was not listed in suppliers manuals:D

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  3. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/cat6000/sw_7_5/confg_gd/vlans.htm#1086514

bear in mind the supervisor in use may impose hard limits that hinder that many vlans, such as ipv4 route limits etc, most modern sup mods can manage all of them tho

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  4. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Cisco.com is slow? :blink Comes up immediately for me.

There's not too much there if you know how to search well, either using their own site, or by using Google with the site:cisco.com keyword (my preferred method). Give it a try - it works great.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  5. Ka151

Ka151 Bit Poster

Many thanks for that g00gle tip i'll give it a bash.

Yes Cisco.com appears slow in the UK generally for me whereever i am, especially in the partner central area, trying to use config builder and other such tools allowed on my CCO login.

Maybe being in the States somehow means you get a quicker response im not too certain. Although we have a cisco.co.uk all tech resource seems to be an extension of the .com that probably resides in the states.

Thanks for the useful tip, will try and see how i get on, right study for my ARCH exam must continue, even on a Friday night :(

Certifications: MCP, CCNA, CCDA, CCNP, CCDP and CISSP
    WIP: ITIL Red Badge & a fresh challenge