Visual c# 2005 express edition

Discussion in 'Scripting & Programming' started by trislloyd, Nov 7, 2005.

1. trislloyd

trislloyd Nibble Poster

:( I have created a small interface which allows me to open frequently used admin programs from a central console. I would like to add more programs to this but some of them won't work. It will only run programs which are executable from Start|Run dialog box. Would i have to add these programs to the set path environment variables (i know how to get to this) or would there be another way? If i have to do it through the set path option does anyone have any examples i could expand upon as i have tried to no avail, sure it's pretty simple, i may be missing something out of the path. Also, i understand you can get it to load web pages in this way? It would be great to be able to load the cisco firewall web admin page from my console, could i do this using the set path variable?

Certifications: Comptia A+, Comptia Network+, MCP
    WIP: MCSE, specializing in Cisco
  2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

I can't think of any answer to what you are asking, but would it not be just as easy to create a new folder on your desktop and place shortcuts to all of the tools that you need in it?

:blink

3. trislloyd

trislloyd Nibble Poster

LOL, yes it would but this is just a way for me to learn a bit more C# and it looks better than a folder with shortcuts trust me! Besides there are a few specific programs that we have created that would be better off in a central console. Thanks anyway, if i figure it out, which i tend to have to (I'm an I.T tech in a manufacturing company so we don't get many favours) i will post the solution, you never know someone might find it helpful.

Certifications: Comptia A+, Comptia Network+, MCP
    WIP: MCSE, specializing in Cisco