Visual Basic Help.

Discussion in 'Scripting & Programming' started by alih786, May 26, 2008.

1. alih786

alih786 Nibble Poster

i am thinking of studying visual basic (for me, just self study). which is the best website to study from? i am from the uk so i dont want anything that involves usa based programming. and also, i have got Microsoft visual studio 6.0 installed - at college people use visual studio 2005 - will that make a difference to which software i use??

anyway which is the best website to study?

Certifications: BTEC First Diploma - Cisco IT Essentials
  2. ThomasMc

ThomasMc Gigabyte Poster

You could start here if it was VB.NET that you are wanting to learn to start off with, then moving upto Learn Visual Studio .NET

Certifications: MCDST|FtOCC
    WIP: MCSA(70-270|70-290|70-291)
  3. mark_uol

mark_uol Bit Poster

I see that you mention being at college. If you have a student number and your place of learning is registered with Microsoft you could qualify for the Dream Spark program.
    https://downloads.channel8.msdn.com/
    This is a sort of act of atonement by Microsoft where they allow students full copies of their professional grade applications in the hope of hooking users early on. I imagine that at least one of the reasons for this is that the cost of MS products has become a deterrent and a spur to the adoption of open source applications.
    Nevertheless I have Visual Studio Professional 2008 beta and SQL Server 2005, VS 2005 Professional and Server 2003 are also available amongst others. These download as an ISO file and the file sizes are huge, but they are free. It is one way of experiencing the professional tools that you will use without the file size restrictions that apply to the trial versions.

Certifications: MSc IT Security UoL