Vista Ultimate 32bit OEM

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by madman045, May 23, 2007.

1. madman045

madman045 Kilobyte Poster

not quite sure the right place for this, but

http://www.ebuyer.com/UK/product/123060

With Google checkout, £89.50

Bargain!

Andy

Certifications: 70-270, 70-290, PRINCE2 Foundation, VCA-DCV & VCA-DT
    WIP: MCSA 2008, VCP5-DCV, ITIL V3
  2. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

bear in mind that OEMs need to be bought alongside an item on non-peripheral hardware, so if you want it you are looking at having to buy something like RAM, or a Harddrive/DVD Drive along with it. Great if you want to upgrade your system at the same time, but if you already have a system you dont want to upgrade it becomes an extra cost.

That said, even if you bought a stick of RAM along with it, and chucked it in the bin, you would still be saving yourself buckets of money.

I bought x64 Vista Ultimate OEM when I was building my system for 100 squid. pretty good deal i thought.

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  3. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

That is true Fergal, but many suppliers don't give a crap now and will happily sell you an oem OS without any hardware at all. At the end of the day, who's gonna care?

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  4. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Microsoft cares... because you're using the software outside of the terms of the license Microsoft has granted. If you're not going to pay attention to the licensing restrictions anyway, why not just go full-out and just pirate it? It'd save you money, and it'd be just as legal.

Disclaimer: I'm NOT endorsing piracy... but neither am I endorsing the use of OEM software outside of the terms of the OEM licensing.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  5. elli5on

elli5on Kilobyte Poster

Hmmmmm touchy subject. I purchased vista premium 32bit OEM for £71 without any hardware being purchased. All they simply asked..... ''Are you a pc builder''? Hardly going to say no now am i?? Even though i am, But yeh you are supposed to purchase a piece of hardare with it. Even a crappy DVD R/W will do it. :D

As for pirated software, yeh it sure saves you money. But finding one that actually downloads fully, Then finding one that you can actually crack with the good old ''this copy of windows is not genuine'' logo is tough if you have updates set up.

Certifications: A+ N+
    WIP: Thinking of MCDST
  6. ManicD

ManicD Byte Poster

looks like a good deal to me, though i personally i wouldnt use the features of ultimate so i do well with Home premium

Certifications: MCSA, N+, A+(Tech), ECDL
    WIP: 70-294, 70-298
  7. Bambino1506

Bambino1506 Megabyte Poster

Guys OEM - Original equipment manufacturer ??

Looks a bargain.

Certifications: MCP,MCDST,MCSA
    WIP: CCA
  8. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Yep, you've got it!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!