vista UAC stuff

Discussion in 'Software' started by zxspectrum, Sep 25, 2007.

1. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

OK i have office 2007 installed on my lappy but i also have office 2003 which is what i like etc. I tried to uninstall 2007 but i get a message saying i need admin rights, is this true, and why should i need them as im the only person who uses this laptop etc. Is this to do with user access controls that i ve been hearing about and if so how can i get it so i have total control over my laptop.

I also have a password set up on here which i would like to keep to prevent some silly student messing on my laptop so would UAC being removed affect this in anyway????

ED

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

If it's UAC blocking you from uninstalling, simply provide administrator credentials.

If you're the only one using that laptop, give yourself administrator rights. Then, all you'd have to do is confirm that you want the uninstall to proceed, without having to provide admin credentials.

No, removing UAC won't remove the fact that a password is required to log in... but it WILL allow processes to change critical parts of your OS without your permission.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

As a side note - there is a comment on slash-dot about an apparent maths error in Excel 2007....

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+