Vista on Sale in the UK

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by zimbo, Jan 22, 2007.

1. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

For some reason i thought Jan 30th was the date sale of Vista would start. But Overclockers has it already! :blink

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  2. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

I was going to reply that it's only for pre ordering but then I saw that for some versions they have 10+ in stock. Strange.:rolleyes:

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  3. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

I just got a copy with my action pack update and I'm wondering weather to break my computer by installing it or not.

I ran the upgrade checker and the computer said 'maybe'.

:rolleyes:

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  4. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

Been running it at home ok for a while
    VMWare Workstation 6 has vista host support so i installed that
    thats on my old P4 3.4/4GB system as i got my core 2 duo over christmas which runs XP still for gaming reasons :)

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  5. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

I'm off to Reading tomorrow for a lunch thing for Vista, Office 2007 and Exchange 2007. Should be a nice little trip out from work :biggrin

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  6. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I ran it and it said "Reply Hazy - Try Again."

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  7. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

Well Overclockers have been showing them for over a week now. But check on ebuyer, they are cheap as chips so I know where I will be buying mine :biggrin

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life
  8. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

I recommend upgrading a machine that only runs a subset of your applications if possible
    this should be easier for those of you who have multiple systems :)

i'll be upgradign my laptop later this week with it, with the sidebar it benefits from a wide aspect screen though, which my current laptop doesnt have (new D620 will have, upgrade from my current D610)
    happy days!

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  9. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

I think I'll wait until SP1, which I gather has already been 'announced' for later this year......

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  10. C_Eagle

C_Eagle Byte Poster

I think it's been was released to Corp select account before Christmas.

I've been running it on my lappy for a few months and it's been very stable.

The only problem I encountered was when I had to add it to my Home lab (Win 2003 server) That was a strange DNS issue but was quickly resolved.

Also I couldn't get roaming profiles to work but I'll try that again when I configured my Longhorn server.

AJ -- Gutted I live in Basingstoke and tried to get on the Vista freebie in Reading!! It was full so I've got to travel to Bristol.

Let me know if it's worth the trip? I imagine the freebies will be pretty good!

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST, 70-270
    WIP: MCSA 70-290
  11. madman045

madman045 Kilobyte Poster

Vista Business arrived yesterday in our action pack at work.

I've got it running on my laptop, just not activated it yet, was thinking of running Vista and having XP in Vmware as I only have 1GB ram.

Overclockers always send things out early and never seem to get in trouble for it, 30th is still the official launch date.

Wanted to go to the launch in Reading, but the tickets were taken so quickly!! :(

Certifications: 70-270, 70-290, PRINCE2 Foundation, VCA-DCV & VCA-DT
    WIP: MCSA 2008, VCP5-DCV, ITIL V3
  12. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

Now taking donations to be able to buy a machine with the minimum specs required for vista (not to mention the cost of getting ultimate too).

I reckon that, when i have a machine capable of running it, ill only be installing it on the one machine. leave the laptop and my current desktop on XP (512MB RAM max on both)

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  13. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Action Pack arrived today, Vista included, nice! :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  14. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Hmm, guess the hospitality was pretty good after all, then :biggrin :alc

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity