1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vista exam upgrade ????

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by jamessimo, Jun 16, 2008.

1. jamessimo

jamessimo Banned

Hi All

I am MCDST I have done the Vista configuration 70-620 and passed it

Questions

1/ Can I still take the 70-621 to get MCITP enterprise support technician, or will now have to do the 70-622?

2/ Has any one done the 70-621 and how did they find it?

and this would be the most helpful answer of them all to question number 3

are the question used in 70-621 the same question used and draughted in from the 70-620 and 70-622?

Many Thanks

:ohmy

Certifications: MCP,MCDST,MCTS,CCNA,CCNAV
    WIP: ccnp,ccvp,ccdp.ccip
  2. wagnerk
    Highly Decorated Member Award

wagnerk aka kitkatninja Moderator

You have the MCDST, how come you did the 70-620? :)

1. Apart from that as you already have the MCDST & now the 70-620, you can either take the 70-621 (the upgrade exam) or the 70-622, it doesn't really matter (since you have both of the fore-mentioned certs).

2. I have, and I found it ok (hard but fair/passable) considering the experience and knowledge.

3. Yes the 70-621 is actually 2 exams rolled into. You're marked on both halves, if you fail one half you fail the whole exam.

-ken

Certifications: CITP, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, PTLLS, MCT, MCITP, MCTS, MCSE, MCSA:M, MCSA, MCDST, MCP, MTA, MCAS, MOS (Master), A+, N+, S+, ACA, VCA, etc... & 2nd Degree Black Belt
    WIP: PGDip
  3. jamessimo

jamessimo Banned

Ken

Ive just popped on to another forum 1 guy said he flunked the 70-620 then went and done the 70-621 exam there was 64 questions (like my 70-620 exam) he said 32 were 70-620 based and the other 22 were 70-622 based (I take everything with a pinch of salt) and got 70%, he said 60% was mainly 620

The sims and learning material for 622 exam look quite rare so it makes me think 621 maybe a better option as you say if fail 1 half you fail all,

any suggestion's????? :eek:

4. wagnerk

There are a few books for the 70-622, see here & here. To be honest I did the 70-621 then I did the 70-620 as the 70-621 didn't count towards the MCITP: EA, however as MS has changed their view on this, I ended up doing an exam I didn't need to do.

Me personally, I would have just done the upgrade exam and probably still only do the upgrade exam in your case. But the choice is yours.

-ken

Certifications: CITP, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, PTLLS, MCT, MCITP, MCTS, MCSE, MCSA:M, MCSA, MCDST, MCP, MTA, MCAS, MOS (Master), A+, N+, S+, ACA, VCA, etc... & 2nd Degree Black Belt
  5. jamessimo

jamessimo Banned

Ken

I think your right I will go for the upgrade as I know the 620 side of things pretty well. I can use those sims.
    then I can read a book on 622 and hopefully scrape through. I can still use the 620 for my MCSE elective, all is not lost :twisted:

6. jamessimo

jamessimo Banned

What would you say is the harder section of the 2 the 70-620 part or the 70-622 part
    which do side do they focus more on in 70-621 exam :rolleyes:

7. wagnerk

It felt like they focused 50/50 on both parts. As for which was the harder of the 2, I would have to say the 70-622 part - but then again that is a "fuzzy" question, what may be hard for one, may be easy for another :)

-Ken