virtual pc

Discussion in 'Virtual and Cloud Computing' started by thetokyoproject, Oct 2, 2006.

1. thetokyoproject

thetokyoproject Byte Poster

hi,

can anyone tell me if i use this to create 2 virtual pcs, will i be able to create a virtual network between them?

many thanks.

moved to Virtual Computing forum: SimonV

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2015
    Certifications: 271
  2. Baba O'Riley

Baba O'Riley Gigabyte Poster

That is correct. Are you here for a while? Stick around and introduce yourself.

Certifications: A+, Network+
    WIP: 70-270
  3. thetokyoproject

thetokyoproject Byte Poster

thanks baba. very much appreciated.

i've been doing desktop support for a year now and having done some research, i;ve realised that without server side experience, the most likely chance (if any) to get a job on the server admin side is to do a few MCPs to et my foot in the door (i hope anyway).

so since ms virtual pc is now free, i thought i'd create a couple of virtual machines and a virtual network to help me with lab exercises along with maybe cbts and books.

since i only hae 512mb ram at the mo, i shall invest in a further gb so that my virtual set up will run properly.

thanks again.

Certifications: 271
  4. riaz.hasan

riaz.hasan Kilobyte Poster

virtual pc is certainly very helpful to setup virtual lan and learn about servers etc. though i use vmware...i suppose virtual pc is also similar, mayb a different interface...but your approach is good :)

Certifications: Degree, A+, HDA, MCP(270 finally!!)
    WIP: MCDST, MCSA2k3