1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

virtual / online resources for practice in domain control , group policy etc .?

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by Messiah74, Jan 19, 2014.

1. Messiah74

Messiah74 Bit Poster

Fellow I.T GEEKS

I have been floating around the I.T support world for a while providing hardware . Software support privately as well as for large companies both in the field and as part of a larger shared services environment. I consider myself to have a varied knowledge but without qualifications backing up what I know it's kinda hard to convince any other company that I can do what I say I can. Over the last year I have gained my CCNA , A+ and N+ quaifications and I'm now starting on my Microsoft support qualifications.

I have found loads of posts of particular interest in helping me be confident over my choice to undertake my MCSA and I'm currently playing with configurations on win 7 and win 8 environments which is fun as well as developing my skills. Where I need help is Administering GP and CA and general domain control ,yes I'm a complete noob in 2003 , 2008 server stuff. I know with time and practice I can wrap my head around it but need to practice in maybe a virtual environment with domain control and troubleshooting implementing policies and certification etc

So here is the question :

Is there any online paid or un-paid resources that I can use to make myself a simple , server 2008 r2 > win 7 enterprise environment so that I can practice?

I have already setup a little hyper v environment in windows 8 to play with win 7 and have a couple or rigs on win 7 but really can't afford to be building a server rig ( and the gf would leave me for sure )

Am I missing an obvious way round this ?

Any help would be great
    Certifications: Comptia A+ , Comptia N+ , C.C.N.A
    WIP: M.C.S.A