Virtual Lab - Shared Storage

Discussion in 'Virtual and Cloud Computing' started by nightraven, Jul 3, 2007.

1. nightraven

nightraven Guest

Hi guys,
    I've been looking at the lab diagrams which Phoenix has posted and something caught my attention. In the ultimate lab diagram he has shared storage attached to EX01 and EX02 but I'm not sure how to achieve this in a VMWare environment.

Could someone help me to understand this?

2. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

It was a bit complex back then (a third VM with windows server 2003 and a demo version of Stringbeans Wintarget which has now been bought by MS and is no longer available outsite thier storage server product)

These days you could do the same thing with demos from the likes of DataCores San Melody/San Melody Light or other such windows iSCSI targets

or get an Openfiler Box, supports iSCSI targeting as well but is based on linux, thats what I currently use but am leaning towards purchasing San Melody Light for a more robust/performant solution for my ESX needs

www.openfiler.com
    www.datacore.com
    www.vmware.com

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  3. nightraven

nightraven Guest

that makes a lot more sense, thanks.

I've decided it's about time I got my MCSE so I'll be creating a large test environment to work with.