Video Upload Sites

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by JohnBradbury, Nov 28, 2007.

1. JohnBradbury

JohnBradbury Kilobyte Poster

Hi all,
    I was wondering if anyone knows of a good video sharing site I can upload my screen capture stuff to?

Basically I posted a few videos to my site earlier this week and they have been a lot more popular than I'd anticipated. In the past 48 hours I've actually used more than 20GB of bandwidth and I'm reaching a point were my account may be shutdown.

I tried youtube and the quality is awful, they also stopped me from uploading the full videos because they are longer than 10 minutes.

Google video seems to be the same now they've bought out youtube.

2. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

what are the size of your videos? ...or the average?

3. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I am not sure but it might be worth checking out SPIKE TV

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  4. asje1

asje1 Byte Poster

If your videos are important you may want to think about buying your own webspace?

http://www.streamline.net/

They offer unlimited space and bandwith for £33 a year...

Or if your sneaky (this didnt come from me!)

They offer a 3 month trail which is the unlimited bundle (unlimited webspace and bandwith) and once its ran out you just sign up again, of course theres the ache of having to upload your videos everytime...

Hope i helped.

Certifications: A+, N+
  5. JohnBradbury

20-25mb in size...

I'm testing stage6 but the picture is nowhere near as good as the original :(

GBL I'll take a look at that thanks ...

6. WMSheep

WMSheep Bit Poster

have you looked at Rapidshare.

max vid size 100mb

unlimited downloads

dont need premium account to upload or download (though there are some download limits for free users - cant remember what they are)

good file retention (I think it`s something like file deleted if not downloaded for 30 days)

WIP: CompTIA A+
  7. ffreeloader

ffreeloader Terabyte Poster

John,

Would you consider a virtual hosting solution and just moving your site? The guys at the following link have some pretty good deals. 500GB of traffic is only $40/month. They are not only cheap, they're honest and reliable. If I remember correctly you can buy additional bandwidth for a modest fee too.

http://www.simplywebhosting.com/plans-vps/index-vps-x.shtml

Certifications: MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA, A+
    WIP: LPIC 1
  8. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

Hi mate
    you will find most video bloggers will use something thats out there already, and then post a link to the high res version as well
    this is due to the nature of online video, in order to get it out to the masses seamlessly it cant be that big, they need to optimize it for streaming now for downloading, to avoid pauses and such

there are TONS out there these days, the explosion in web video is fueling even more startups to do this

MSN has Soapbox
    Kyte.tv is one Robert Scoble uses

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  9. BrotherBill

BrotherBill Byte Poster

Hi John,

Sorry for the issues you're facing. Try the link below. Quite an informative site and they have links to quite a few video hosting sites, maybe something there will help. If your videos continue to be that popular, maybe you should offer them on CD and charge a small fee.

http://www.internetvideomag.com/index.htm

Good Luck,
    Bill

10. JohnBradbury

Thanks for all the feedback guys. I've paid to have my bandwidth limits doubled to ensure their availability in the short term. So all videos are now available again :D

ffreeloader I'm looking at the possibilities of moving to a VPS solution and the link you provided looks just the job. I'll have a good look at it later and make some decisions.

Thanks all