Video traning?

Discussion in 'A+' started by El Dude, Feb 22, 2008.

1. El Dude

El Dude New Member

Looking for a company that offers A+ learning videos and reading material, MUST be UK based due to the fact that I will be applying for a CDL and the bank needs a learning registration number.

2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Mate you can visit preplogic.com and buy the learn smart video for about £100 surely you don't need a loan for that.

All you really need for the A+ is two books PC Technician Street smarts by James Pyles and CompTIA A+ all in one exam guide 6th edition by Mike Meyers. An old PC to take apart would help I got those two books and an old PC for £80 total.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. Neil

Neil Byte Poster

You could also check out Total Seminars and LearnKey for videos and practice exams.

Certifications: CompTIA A+ & Network+
    WIP: MCSA: 70-270
  4. Lev Arris

Lev Arris Byte Poster

I've got to concur with greenbrucelee.

You'd be better off investing in the Mike Meyers book and an old PC that you can take apart and put back together.

Remember at the end of the A+ you can then look for an entry level position. The A+ puts in an awesome basis for the rest of ur study. Remember that you may well want to do more exams and in my humble opinion its not worth blowing your budget so early on.

P.S. I may be corrected but I think Zimbo posted an awesome "self study guide" which provides all the info you need as to study materials/cost etc..

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, MCSA (270,290,291)
    WIP: CCNA ..Global Domination
  5. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)