video/audio player for studying on the move

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by derkit, Dec 23, 2009.

1. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

How about one of these? They are about the same size as an iPod (by the looks of it).

It looked so good that I just ordered one.:oops:

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  2. VantageIsle

VantageIsle Kilobyte Poster

How about a Sansa Fuze Check it out here

I have been running a Sansa 8gb clip for over a year, it's very easy to use, very stable (unlike the ipod it replaced) and the sound quality when twinned with some decent headphones is excellent.

Cheap, but not nasy.

Certifications: A+, ITIL V3, MCSA, MCITP:EST, CCENT, 70-432-SQL, 70-401 SCCM
    WIP: MCSA upgrade MCITP:SA then EA
  3. derkit

derkit Gigabyte Poster

I'd be interested in what you thought of it when you get it - looked at the specs and it seems to have a better battery life than the iPod touch and a bigger screen also. Albeit it being thicker - I'll wait with baited breath!

How well does the screen do with playing video? This is my only reason for looking at a "video" media player over a standard MP3 player. That said it does look good though - and doesn't break the bank as much!

Certifications: MBCS, BSc(Hons), Cert(Maths), A+, Net+, MCDST, ITIL-F v3, MCSA
    WIP: 70-293
  4. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

I should have it a couple of days. I'll let you know how it is. The only thing that I wish it did have is a pdf reading capability.:oops:

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  5. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

I use my psp for watching cbt video's on the move when travelling on the train etc. It works fine, just need to check on Ebay to buy a good video converting software to the psp and you should be good to go:)

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  6. skulkerboyo

skulkerboyo Megabyte Poster

Free video conversion covers most formats. Even has settings for my android handset
    http://www.brothersoft.com/download-formatfactory-98431.html

there are other free solutions depending on your hardware choice

But to answer your original question. I'd use a mobile phone. Go ipod/iphone if you must

I used to use my old nokia n95 for video and audio. I upgraded to an N85 but the screen was alittle small for decent video so I grabbed one of the older android handsets instead. Nice big screen. Small for factor. Jobs a good un and they're practically giving them away on contract.

I also have a blackberry bold but again the screen isnt very big. the ipod touch is a nice bit of kit though and has wifi plus browser

Certifications: MCITP:SA, MCSA 03, MCSA 08, MCTS(680+648),A+,N+,ITILV3 Foundation, ITIL Intermediate: Operational Support and Analysis
    WIP: 70-417
  7. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Hi derkit,

I know this is an old thread but I just used the "any video converter software" to install cbt nugget videos on my psp and the quality is wow.

How did you get on? So with confidence can say the psp is cheap and with a good video converter as the one mentioned above you would not be disappointed.

My psp is the original fat, psp1003 model as well to be precise:)

Last edited: Nov 20, 2010
    Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell