VHS to DVD

Discussion in 'Software' started by kat731, Feb 25, 2007.

1. kat731
    Honorary Member

kat731 Megabyte Poster

Hi all,

anyone on here an expert at this transfer??? Just have 2 VHS tapes i want done, really valuable, one of my passing out parade-RAF.. Iv been reading about doing it, but would prefer it be done by someone who is top notch at it...

Kat:biggrin

Certifications: BA (Hons), A+
    WIP: 70-685 77-884
  2. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

Kat, I take it these were done on Hi8 camera or mini DV then transferred to VHS?

Anyway are the VHS tapes home user tapes and not a company based VHS tapes. i.e they are VHS tapes that can be recorded over and do not have any copyright titles hown at the begining?

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  3. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

Mate I used to work for a firm that did VHS to DVD transfers and create their own DVD menu's.

I would do this for but to tell the truth I just don't have the time, due to my A+ exams looning and long hours at work:(

Kat, I have just finished 4 and half hours of revision today on A+ and my brain is totally fried:blink You have to forgive the mis spelt words and typo's while I try and get my message across.

Anyway I can highly reccomend this website:-

VHS to DVD

they do the transfer for £5 and even put menu's in them.
    I can send you a copy of their work if your unsure?

The firm I worked for use them for weddings because some of the old footage was on Cine format. 8)

Or alternatively just send you some s/w??

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  4. kat731
    Honorary Member

kat731 Megabyte Poster

Thanks Cheek,

the professional one was done in 1986, think the company is now defunct as can find no info on them. Was going to take that one to Boots who do it, but i know they will start on the copyright thing.. The other one is just personal done by me and mates at work years ago.

Good luck with the A+, you'll be fine.

Kat

Certifications: BA (Hons), A+
    WIP: 70-685 77-884