Very quite here today

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by SimonV, Jan 10, 2004.

1. SimonV
    Honorary Member

SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

I've been in the pub all day so not been around all that mucy today. Hows your day been ? :cheers2

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...
  2. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

Nah don't believe you've been in the pub. You must have changed the keys around on your keyboard to spell like that, then again who am I to talk :!: :?: :!:

:D

AJ

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2015
    Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  3. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Naw, the spelling errors mean he has been in a pub and been raising more than a pint or two of his favorite ale. Don't expect Rosy to feel sympathetic about the hangover that's headed your way. :D :wink:

My wife had to work this morning but the rest of us went to synagogue (wife and kids are Jewish and I'm the token gentile). It's a small room but the place was packed.

The actual synagogue was moved to a new site recently (It's the oldest existing synagogue west of the Mississippi so it's a historic monument as well) and moving it through the streets of Boise was quite (as opposed to quiet) a chore. It'll be open for business next month. In the meantime, we meet in the library at the Jewish Education Center.

Back at home now after lunch resting. My 15 year old daughter is baking muffins. She's not a typical girl in many respects but she loves to back (hates to cook, though). We're making our preliminary plans for Purim and Passover. Not much else going on. Have a good weekend, folks.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  4. flex22

flex22 Gigabyte Poster

Well, went into town this morning to buy myself some new weight lifting gloves.Didn't see any that I liked, so will probably buy online.
    I just fancied getting out and having a walk around town anyway.

Took the old weights out of storage, as I'm going to start training again.I've never been Arnold Schwarzenegger, not by a billion million miles, but I don't want to be anwyay, I just want a good physique.

I did once get to a point, when I was probably 18/19 when I was into training a lot, and looked ok.However, I've really let myself go and need to lose a stone, I get rid of the excess flab, and tone up.

I'm absolutely determined :!: this time, no giving up.

Healthy body = healthy mind.

No, I didn't go to the pub while I was in town.In fact I drink so little these days, I'm nearly t-total.I do love a John Smiths though, and I'm getting into guinness more.
    I feel like my heavy drinking days are behind me, and boy I used to drink :morebeer .More a marathon bitter drinkier than a 10 lagers in two hours kind.
    Anyway, i have plenty of time to drink, I'm sure I'll get into it more.Afterall, beer's good for you :D

5. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Well I've had the luxury of my first Saturday off in 10 years, and I've loved it (somehow - read on !)

I got woken early (ie 10ish) to be told the Missus was leaving to go to Ikea in 10, leaving me with the wee one, only for the wee one to decide at the last second, she was going too !

So, after grubbing around (drinking coffee and keeping an eye on this place while Si was boozing for CertForums Olympica), I finally got all the chores done around the house, leaving the best till last....

An hour of cleaning out the rabbit's hut (yes, I know - she has a hutch, which is in it's own hut ???) So that was the usual scraping out poo and pee, till my stomach could take no more :sickR

How could I put up with all this ? Because I knew that tonight we were all going out to celebrate Gran/Mum/my Mother-in-Law's 70th birthday at a fancy restaurant, with all the family, for a slap up meal for 10 :P All food and booze paid for by others (not me :alc ) Drank like Si could only dream :lol:

So me and my 2 brothers-in-law have now all departed our separate ways, suitably well-oiled and merry.

I like not working on Saturdays :D

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  6. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

Me too, except invariably I end up on some book or other. Deadlines are coming up, so I'm tackling strict scheduling, weighted round robin scheduling (per port, per system, and adjustable) and am now on configuring service levels on the network. Wonderful stuff. Hope I know what I'm talking about. I'll take off around dinner time and probably unwind in from of the T.V. afterwards with wife and kids. I have all day Sunday to tackle the writing again and a killer day on Monday out and about in the community installing SOHOs and trying to debug and bugged computer.

7. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

True, Trip - family time is precious time. :!:

Tomorrow (Sun), I need to begin to re-establish a revised study routine, after all the fuss of holidays, job change, etc. I really want to nail the 70-218 - I need to get MCSA, if nothing else, so Sundays are going to be my key study opportunities :helpread

Hope all the rest of you had a great weekend :)

8. Nelix
    Honorary Member

Nelix Gigabyte Poster

Well I did a little bit of running arouns after getting up at about 11, then at around 4:30 spent the next 6 or 7 hours in hospiytal after my son cam eoff his motor bike and broke his ankle in 3 places, they are keeping him in as they might have to operate.

Certifications: A+, 70-210, 70-290, 70-291, 74-409, 70-410, 70-411, 70-337, 70-347
    WIP: 70-346
  9. SimonV
    Honorary Member

Did I really type this post :?: :oops:

Last edited: Jan 2, 2015
  10. flex22

flex22 Gigabyte Poster

:yep

11. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

The cold light of day often brings with it some horrible memories, eh Si ?

Sure we all do it :gmorning

:D

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2015
  12. AJ

Do not EVER moan about my spelling. Ever. 8)

I know I'm not brill inn the spelling dept but that is just soooooooooo obvious :!: :!:

LOL

AJ

Moderator Note: Fixed unclosed bold tag

13. AJ

OPPs forgot to turn the bold off :oops:

and you can take *inn* which way you want :D

14. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

Yow, Derek! That's rough. Poor kid. Hope and pray that everything works out for him. Let us know how things progress.

15. AJ

Ouch!!

HHope everything turns out Derek. Sounds v. painful and you could have your hands full.

Hope everything is OK

AJ

16. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Echo Trip, Nelix !

I somehow missed your post in the middle of everything yesterday :oops: I hope your son comes through alright, and with no lasting damage. Also that you and the rest of the family are coping OK as well.

Sure anyone else around here who missed your post would also share the same feelings, Mate - all the best to you and yours !

17. SimonV
    Honorary Member

Had a birthday bash, all day event. :silly :brancard

18. AJ

YaHoo

:cracking

AJ

19. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

Birthday bash, eh. Yours? If so, happy birthday Si. Old enough to shave, yet? :lol:

20. flex22

flex22 Gigabyte Poster

:soz Nelix, forgot to put at the end of my first message that I hope your son's alright. :oops:
    Hope he get's well soon and that he's not in too much pain.All the best mate :!: