Very confused and stressed!!!

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by network_guy, Apr 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

So... that makes piracy OK, right? Just because "everyone does it"?

Sorry, mate... everyone DOESN'T do it. I pay for my books, I pay for my software, I pay for my music, and I pay for my movies. Just because you do it and your friends do it doesn't make it legal.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

As someone who has worked in IT for over 10 years, it is experience - not certifications - that employers look at. Only when experience levels are relatively equal do employers consider certifications and degrees.

Believe what you will. It would be to my financial benefit to lie to you and tell you that certifications will magically help you get a job. But without experience, those Cisco certifications are going to do you little good. Entry-level jobs don't involve working with Cisco routers... and employers won't hire you - or anyone - for an advanced job without experience.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. network_guy

network_guy Bit Poster

Boson, it seems you have skipped a bunch of what I said and somehow nitpicked your way (again) into accusing me of being a pirate. I have already stated I am not a pirate, I buy books. In fact, I have spent over 4000 dollars alone on books that I didn't have to get but I did anyhow before, during and after graduating from my program. How much did you spend on books over the past 2 years Boson? You didn't need too ofcourse, you stole/cheated your way by getting experience in the field and didn't have to purchase any of those "books". You even cheated your way by not going to training centers, imagine how much money they lost in the process. I guess your just like me Boson, and like everyone else...a pirate!!! :twisted:

4. network_guy

network_guy Bit Poster

Boson, I am having difficulty finding your name in the books I purchased and/or downloaded.

I think the real scum you should be targeting is the testing centers. They use one textbook to make thousands of dollars off hundreds of students over the course of atleast 4 years per text. They charge somewhere around 900 dollars to get prepped for one Cisco exam. How is that for robbery? I just hope your not part of one of those testing centers Boson because if you are...

Anyhow, good luck I hope to see your name in the next CCNP book I purchase.

5. ffreeloader

ffreeloader Terabyte Poster

network_guy,

I really do understand your anger. You've been lied to, screwed over, and just generally ripped off. I get it. We see what has happened to you on this forum again and again. Thousands of other people are getting the shaft just like you are and I did. This stuff just really gets me steamed. It just flat out pisses me off to see anyone treat their fellow man in such a manner.

However, as BM pointed out, right and wrong are still right and wrong no matter how angry we are at getting ripped off. If I'm angry at someone else for ripping me off how does that justify me doing to someone else what I am so mad about someone doing to me? Does me becoming a thief somehow make being a thief right? No. It's still wrong to steal.

Character isn't what you do when things are easy. Character is what is revealed in what you do when things are tough, and the temptation is there to do wrong.

Certifications: MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA, A+
    WIP: LPIC 1
  6. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Well said Freddy.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  7. network_guy

network_guy Bit Poster

Of course it is right freeloader, haven't you ever heard of Robin Hood?

What is "right" and "wrong" these days freeloader, its not as simple as you put it. It seems nowadays its okay to abort and kill off babies (ie: steal a life) but when it comes to downloading a pdf file that seems to be a terrible crime. How about this freeloader, you solve the baby killing rule and I will make sure I will never download accidentally/purposefully another pdf file again.... deal?

8. greenbrucelee

Meh:dry

9. network_guy

network_guy Bit Poster

O' cmon Bruce, I expected much more from you. You cats won't stop jumping at me from the bush will you?

10. greenbrucelee

Here's anotherway to look at things.

You might have programmes on TV like Jeremy Kyle or Steve Wilkos, generally the people on them say I am like this because I grew up in care or something like that.

I grew up in care I found out my Dad stamped on my head when I was a baby but that doesn't give me the right to be bad.

So just because you have had a bad deal it doesn't give you the right to steal.

11. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

network_guy
    your interpretation of morals are utterly astounding, lets hope an employer can see past that and still hire you some day

trying to justify law breaking as some sort of fairytale man helping the poor bull**** is utter tosh
    and whilst I don't agree with our copyright or patent system as they are today, they remain the law today, get over it!

if this thread continues to deteriorate into the abyss, I will lock it.

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  12. ffreeloader

ffreeloader Terabyte Poster

LOL. So your justification to yourself is: evil exists so I might as well be evil. I guess that's one way of looking at things. I won't choose it, but you're welcome to. You're the only one you'll really hurt in the long run with that attitude though.

As to right and wrong, they are what they have always been. Just because people don't want to acknowledge those principles doesn't mean they have ceased to exist. That's like saying to yourself, "I can go walk into that brick wall and it won't hurt me." No matter how try to convince yourself the brick wall won't hurt you when you run into it, it will. The same with eternal principles such as right and wrong, good and evil. That a person reaps what they sow is a fact of life.

Certifications: MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA, A+
    WIP: LPIC 1
  13. Suttar

Suttar Byte Poster

Robin Hood stole for the poor, not himself.

And what your saying is as long as abortion is legal, you'll illegally download content? WTF. Seriously that is some messed up logic right there.

Certifications: Hnc Comp & Bsc Networking, ITIL v3
    WIP: CCNA
  14. network_guy

network_guy Bit Poster

You have seriously missed a lot of what I said, and now you are putting words in my mouth. Whats up with the swearing, I thought the members of this forum were certified angels++ as well?

No, my justification is that you guys are completely insane nerds who value pdf material more then human life itself. Its funny how you jump at me as if I have done some sort of hideous crime, I just wonder about your reaction on other "moral" issues, I can bet my dollar on it your not on the same page.

Oh, a darling you are and the swearing continues, aren't you as the administrator supposed to be holier then thou? (ie: give an example to other members on this site?)

Do you communicate the same way with customers and co-workers? I hope not!

If members would like a change, vote network_guy as administrator of certForums.co.uk for 2008...

Change is good!

15. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

Well as you are trying to act like an administrator, I'll just jump in and have the final say.

This thread is now not worthy of continuing, So I'm closing it.

Network_guy, you asked for advice and was given it. If you choose to take it or not is up to you.

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong