VCP Club

Discussion in 'Virtual and Cloud Computing' started by dales, Dec 9, 2009.

1. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

Just a quickie to say that I joined the VCP club today, very chuffed about it as I had until the end of this year to clear it as the vcp-310 is not being offered in 2010. Hopefully will get the Vsphere done in 2010 as it requires a far less expensive course if your already a VCP.

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  2. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

Awesome work fella!

What course did you go on in the end?

Would you be able to knock up a study guide.

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  3. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

I went on the install and config course, I guess I could knock up a study guide but as the exam is retiring in a few days it wont be relevant for an exam. The thing that got me on my first attempt at it was tthe exam was actually a 50/50 split between technical content and remember things like urls for connecting to the web front end of an esx box and also what colours flags and markers are! So after the first go I was happy with my tech ability with it (after a quick re-read of the FC section), and then went though memorizing facts and figures and colours of items.

As I say I'm glad I managed to get this in this year as I can now just go on the vsphere whats new course and be eligible for the vcp4.

Now to crack open the traditional celebratory indian takeaway and a hobgoblin!
    Then maybe a relax for xmas.

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing