1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VBScript book

Discussion in 'Scripting & Programming' started by Fergal1982, Mar 31, 2006.

1. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

Guys,

Im looking for a book on VB. Im trying to learn VB, currently have no experience with scripting, and need a good book for starting out.

Bear in mind that im in account administration, so i cant do high-level activities, and a book focusing on this type of thing would largely be useless to me.

Any ideas on a good one to get?

Fergal

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  2. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Ferg,

you might want to have a look at this

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  3. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

which brings me to a related issue i suppose. what exactly is the difference between VBScript and VB?

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  4. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Whilst I have no idea what the difference is either I do have a copy of this book from MS that seems to be fairly good. If scripting is what you're looking to learn.

I have to admit though, that I have only read the first few chapters, sort of lost interest in scripting after that! Its now sitting pretty on my shelf looking good though!

:biggrin

5. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

VBScript is an interpreted script language from Microsoft that is a subset of its Visual Basic programming language. VBScript can be compared to other script languages designed for the Web such as Netscape's JavaScript.

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT