VB.net stuff

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by zxspectrum, Sep 1, 2006.

1. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

Would anyone know of a place that gives you asignments to do to make prgrams that get you used to VB.net. Ive had to change from VB6 to.net and i really cant start anything till tuesday, but id like to be prepared etc. I know of programmers heaven.com but i couldnt find assignments ??

:rolleyes:

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
  2. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Depends what you want to do...
    I'm a big fan of www.asp.net, or you can download visual web designer express from MS and follow the tutorials...

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  3. zxspectrum

well i can tell you what i may have to do then that can help i think.

Basically i have to wait till tues to get some assignments and i dont want to wait that long, i know the ole assignment involves making a bank program. This is the question

One of the local banks has recently contacted them requiring a simple program that could be used on low specification laptops to carry out calculations related to a new account they are offering their customers.

The financial advisors working for the bank want to encourage their clients to open this new account and would like to be able to quickly show their clients how the interest on their saving could be improved by using this new account. This account offers some additional bonus to the investors as compared to the other accounts currently offered by the banks.

As a member of the programming team working for the Worldwide consultants you have been asked to write a program that fulfils the given specification.

Specification

The following specification pages provide you with full program details.

* Section A - The Basics.
    * Section B - Methods of Calculation.
    * Section C - Data Validation.
    * Section D - Calculations.
    * Section E - Save and Test.

I need to do stuff like that if it helps, but as im totally new to this, i dont know how to get from one to click to from 2 etc , does all that make sense

4. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Yup.
    I did a very similar thing with the OU, but it was using Smalltalk.
    Hard to say what you need to do until you are clearer about what exactly they give you...

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  5. zxspectrum

Well they have given me a program called visual studio.net...... is that what you mean