1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VB.NET and C#.NET

Discussion in 'Scripting & Programming' started by ant2005uk, Feb 9, 2005.

1. ant2005uk

ant2005uk Byte Poster

Anyone know of any good books/tutorial sites for learning these languages. I am a beginner to programming all I know is a little bit of VB6 which has no been scraped, so would need a book or tutorial site that starts from scratch. Thanks.

2. Stu_C

Stu_C Byte Poster

I managed to pick up a copy of `Sams Teach Yourself Microsoft Visual C#.Net2003 in 24 hours` for £5 at a local bookstore that is closing down. It comes with a 60 day trial version of `Visual Studio .Net 2003`

The thing i like about this book is theres no " Hello World" program you have to write, the first project you do is an Application that loads and displays image files.

The ISBN in "0-672-32538-1"

Stu_C

Certifications: Bsc(Bronze Swimming Certificate)
    WIP: C# MCP, MCAD
  3. miffta

miffta New Member

I Too have read the Sams Teach yourself C# book, This book is fine for the Basic stuff and Is mainly Based on the Visual side of programming with C#.NET.

I Currently have a few programming books And by far the best one i have is a Microsoft Press book Called "Developing Windows Based Applications with Visual Basic.NET and Viual C#.NET[/B]"

This book is a self paced training kit Designed to get you programming at your own pace and get you ready to take the MCP exams for either or both VB.NET & C#.NET

ISBN Number 0-7356-1926-3, This book has quite a high price tag but if you look on ebay you can quite often find this book cheap or in electric format on cd-rom :study