V5 foundation exam revision

Discussion in 'CIW Certifications' started by bennyboy, Apr 24, 2007.

1. stuPeas

stuPeas Megabyte Poster

Whats the Big T...??, Excuse my lack of a brain mate:oops:

Certifications: C&G Electronic, CIW Associate (v5).
    WIP: CIW (Website Design Manager)
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Another practice test provider (I'm pretty sure you can figure out the name) where I used to work... until I couldn't stand the new management's focus on outsourced labor and lack of attention to quality.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. stuPeas

stuPeas Megabyte Poster

Sorry Michael, I realized the moment I submitted the post.:oops:

Certifications: C&G Electronic, CIW Associate (v5).
    WIP: CIW (Website Design Manager)
  4. Fatwaz

Fatwaz Bit Poster

thats where i got my study guides from nellyp.they are just basic coverage of the main points recommended by ciw for the exam.very good fro quick revision i find of a particular module.

incidently nellyp what happened to my cd's you were going to post?:p

WIP: CIW Foundations
  5. nellyp123

nellyp123 Byte Poster

Oh...Sh**t! Sorry mate completely forgot:blink
    I will get then out to ASAP, but if by chance i have deleted your address from my email client, then i will PM you. Actually i will PM you now!!!:biggrin

Certifications: CIW Professional
  6. nellyp123

nellyp123 Byte Poster

Regards to the quote above.....i have read the Trademarks, disclaimer and copyright information, i have also checked everywhere else on my training modules and i cannot find anything that restricts me from reselling these modules. ( modules being both the foundations v5 2004 and the v5 2007 site designer) Obviously i can't reproduce or copy the cdrom and modules, but as far as i am led to believe....once you have brought something, you then own that something...like a book, then you can resell it as long as it is the orignal copy. :biggrin

7. BosonMichael

Unfortunately, that's not the way it typically works with educational training materials. Books you can buy in the bookstore, yes, you own those and are allowed to resell them. But training materials usually have resale conditions attached.

What is the courseware called? Is it ComputerPREP? I can see if I can find any licensing information on them.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  8. nellyp123

nellyp123 Byte Poster

Yes mate it's computerPREP ( prosoft learning), i have only just brought the modules ( design methology and technology v5) from the ciw web site and even though it's sounds like i am disagreeing with you on this....i can't find anything that restricts me from reselling it. I hope you can help me out on this as i am going to sell these on ebay when i have finished with them. So if i am going to break the law then i want to know about it.
    Cheers....

9. JuryDuty

JuryDuty Bit Poster

I'm wondering if the difference is the actual material you have, nellyp. I've done a bunch of google searches and discovered that ComputerPrep has two versions of their student materials. There are:

CIW Foundations Student Manuals--spiral-bound, used for classroom teaching, and have a matching manual for instructors.
    CIW Foundations Self-Study Kits--perfect-bound, used for individual consumption, and I think this is what you have, correct?

The difference is the environment they were created for and how they would be used.

My guess is that there may be a restriction on the Student Manuals as they would be used in a college setting, but on the Self-Study Kits, it's no different than purchasing "A+ for Dummies" that you could resell on Amazon, ebay, or your local bookstore.

WIP: CIW Site Designer
  10. nellyp123

nellyp123 Byte Poster

yep...there the ones....self study modules, not student training modules. So that's cleared that up then.
    So anyone who's wants the self study modules for August, because that's when i will be finished with them....then have a look on ebay.

Cheers for the help!

11. BosonMichael

The Self-Study Kits come with CDs. Perhaps the licensing agreement can be viewed there.

12. SilverWolf

SilverWolf Bit Poster

Thanks for the tips CGooders. Sorry its took so long to reply! I downloaded the ucertify prep kit aswell and I an finding the objectives with notes more informative then the ICS disks themselves. Is there any advice on how I can get the most out of the course? Also at what point into the Foundations coursework did you send your work of to marked by a ICS Tutor? My trouble is I read everything as I go through the course. Maybe I'm reading to much into it and waiting till it sinks in before moving on to more info.

Cheers again mate.

WIP: CIW1D0-510, CIW1D0-520, CIW1D0-525
  13. JuryDuty

JuryDuty Bit Poster

Just to chime in about this from a second source...I recently bought the self-study kit for Foundations. While the books and CDs have basic copyrights, there's nothing included about resale. Interesting anyway.

WIP: CIW Site Designer
  14. Alex Wright

Alex Wright Megabyte Poster

Hello mate,

I've been stopping at starting with this Cert but am now nearing the end.

If it's no trouble then I'd be grateful if you could send me a copy of that PDF.

Thanks,

Alex

Certifications: 70-680 Configuring Windows 7
    WIP: 70-642