Using fc6 in VM

Discussion in 'Virtual and Cloud Computing' started by aw69, Nov 14, 2006.

1. aw69

aw69 Byte Poster

Hi I just thought I would let you know that I am using FC6-i386 in VM I have just downloaded from virtual appliances and installed it yesterday and I like the look of it so far. So I am going to use it as much as possible but I am going to have to upgrade my pc because my system is slow to run both my pc and VM as I have only a AMD1.3Ghz processor and 640 MB of memory

Certifications: None
    WIP: A+ Network+
  2. fortch

fortch Kilobyte Poster

That's cool -- I bet it'd run perfect if that pesky Windows OS wasn't in the way :biggrin

I've wanted to snag a few appliances too, but most of the useful ones are torrents, and I refuse to use that medium. VMWare, like Virtual Server (or any virtualization) needs a pretty beefy PC, especially in terms of RAM. Have fun!

Certifications: A+,Net+,Sec+,MCSA:Sec,MCSE:Sec,mASE
  3. aw69

aw69 Byte Poster

Thanks I just need the bottle to get rid of XP,actualy it did not take long to download of the torrents if you got broadband it gives you the option to use quick downloads on torrents and I got Ubuntu of their site straight on to my computer

Certifications: None
    WIP: A+ Network+