User Logging

Discussion in 'Software' started by guyver9114, Jun 1, 2005.

1. guyver9114

guyver9114 Bit Poster

Hi guys dumb question time,

does anyone know of a script/prog that can generate a connection history of when a user logged onto the network with times and machine info?
    The Server is running 2003 standard and the clients are 2000 standard and XP Pro

Many thanks for your time

G

Certifications: MCSA: Messaging, MCT
    WIP: Nothing for a few months :)
  2. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

Heh i have just the thing
    my best mate wrote a php system that works to do exactly waht you require
    its not the cleanest of systems yet, as it was merely intended to 'work'
    a file runs at startup on the host (distributable via logon scripts i believe) that grabs certain details the server cant enumerate itself and sends those details to the webserver (Apache/PHP/MySQL) which then does all the rest of the word and generates this into a web interface that is viewable from anywhere the admin wishes to view it

does exactly what you want, my friend says he will send me the code but did mention its not very user friendly yet, as it was written soley for his own use :)

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  3. guyver9114

guyver9114 Bit Poster

That would be great if you could send us a copy to have a play with, you would think its a rather simple requirement that it would be intergrated into Windows (if it is its not easy to find - me no expert with GPO's)

G

4. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

information gathering in windows isnt the easiest of things, as soon as my friend mails it to me ill have a look and sort you out a copy once i figure out how it works, otherwise i wont be able to help u get it to work lol :P

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  5. guyver9114

guyver9114 Bit Poster

Managed to get round the problem in the end by using the auditing areas of GPOs, it doesnt give me everything as i would like it but it provides a workaround for now

G