1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Useful Free Network+ study resources

Discussion in 'Network+' started by The Zig, Aug 26, 2013.

1. The Zig

The Zig Kilobyte Poster Forum Leader

Hi all,
    I intend to build this up as I spot stuff worth adding, but here are some useful resources for learning networking.

Professor Messer (link) - free videos you can access to learn about the network plus. He's wonderfully clear, and he's updated everything to the current version (as of Aug 2013 this is N10-005). Videos are free on YouTube or can be bought from his site.
    • Videos are short and clearly focused on a topic - easy to fit in with life!
    • Course is mapped to the Network+ objectives.
    • He also covers the Security+, a good next certification.

Juniper Fast Track Program (link) - you can register for free (requires an email address). The program gives free access to the JNCIA Junos Certification course, which includes a free 'Networking Fundamentals eLearning course' - one of the best I've seen. Seriously. Great overview of networking from the point of view of a networking company. Clear, easy to follow (although with slightly creepy hypnotic voice!)
    It also includes detailed Study Guides (as PDFs) and a practice exam. Successfully passing the practice exams wins you a 50% discount voucher for Juniper exams, if you want to go that way. Either way, this is good stuff to help prepare for the Net+.
    • It's from the perspective of a networking company, so gets you into thinking how networking companies think.
    • It goes into good depth and uses nice analogies.
    • It can lead onto vendor certifications.
    Certifications: A+; Network+; Security+, CTT+; MCDST; 4 x MTA (Networking, OS, Security & Server); MCITP - Enterprise Desktop Support; MCITP - Enterprise Desktop Administrator; MCITP - Server Administrator; MCSA - Server 2008; MCT; IOSH; CCENT
    WIP: CCNA; Server 2012; LPIC; JNCIA?
  2. Johnny Royale

Johnny Royale Bit Poster

That Juniper link looks really interesting!
    Certifications: A+
    WIP: N+, MCSA Server 2008