1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

USB to PS/2

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by law123, Feb 15, 2005.

1. law123

law123 Byte Poster

I am not sure if this is the correct place to ask this but if I am wrong I am sorry.

Over the past few days I have tried to buy a USB to PS/2 adapter as I have just bought a KVM switch so I can run 2 P.C.s from the same Keyboard Monitor and Mouse. The switch I bought has PS/2 connections. The problem is I have a PS/2 mouse but my Keyboard is USB so I have had to use an old keyboard at moment. I thought that it would be no problem to get an adapter as you can get them for a mouse infact they usually come with a mouse. All I seem to be able to find is PS/2 to USB. Can anyone help point me in the right dirrection to get one of these.

Certifications: None
    WIP: A+
  2. cazzam35

cazzam35 Kilobyte Poster

I believe Maplin Electronics stock these, i'm sure that's where
    I got ours from for work a year ago? Check there site.

Certifications: currently doing A+/MCSE
    WIP: Curr/Supervisor/Duty Mgr/Retail DIY
  3. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

For future reference, a question such as this probably belongs in the hardware and upgrading forum. No worries tho, law. Where to post a particular query can seem a bit mysterious at first if you don't know the layout of a particular forum. :)

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  4. law123

law123 Byte Poster

:oops: Sorry trip wasn’t sure where to put it. Anyway I have found that my keyboard might not be compatible with PS/2 so I think I will just buy a new one soon. Also thanks Caz I had already tried them they have only PS/2 to USB adapters.

5. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

No worries, law123. :)

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  6. Gaz 45

Gaz 45 Kilobyte Poster

Certifications: MCP (70-229, 70-228), MBioch
    WIP: MCDBA (70-290)
  7. law123

law123 Byte Poster

:D Thanks GAZ for your help but I managed to borrow a USB to PS/2 adapter although for a mouse not a keyboard. It did not work. I think they are standard as it does not say in either site that it is only for mouse or keyboard so I think I am stuck with having to buy a new keyboard. :sick