URGENTLY NEEDED ADVICE RE:NITLC

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by cocoloco, Nov 1, 2005.

1. cocoloco

cocoloco New Member

HI EVERYBODY,FIRSTLY I DO APOLOGISE FOR NOT INTRODUCING MYSELF AS A NEW MEMBER NOR COMPLETING THE PROFILE.I JUST WISH I HAD FOUND THIS HELPFUL SITE JUST 5 DAYS AGO WHEN I SIGNED UP WITH NITLC FOR THE TECHNICAL AND SYSTEMS ENGINEER (COMPTIA+ THROUGH TO MCSE) AT A COST OF £3900.AM A NUTS WELL I WILL FIND OUT SOON,I HAVE READ MANY Q&A ON THE FORUM BUT STILL CANNOT DECIDE FOR MYSELF IF I HAVE DONE THE RIGHT THING.LUCKILY I HAVE 9 DAYS UNTIL I PAY THE 20% DEPOSIT ! WELL I WAS JUST WONDERING IF ANYBODY ON THE SAME COURSE COULD SEND ME SOME FEEDBACK WHETHER IT BE GOOD OR BAD THANKYOU..

Certifications: A+
  2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Welcome to CF! :biggrin

Whilst I can't comment on that training provider there are others here who can.

I will offer you one piece of advice though, DON'T BE SO LOUD! By that I mean turn CAPS Lock off! :biggrin

3. Dream_In_Infrared

Dream_In_Infrared Nibble Poster

Hi Cocoloco,

Welcome to CF. I think you will notice from the past posts that the prevailing opinion is to go it alone and self-study, though there are those here that are studying through training providers and enjoying a worthwhile experience. Ultimately, distance learning is done by yourself whether you shell out thousands or not.

Yes, you will be able to speak to advisors at NITLC but you can post here and obtain advice for free. Also, if you buy your own books and organise your own learning you are in control of what you are doing and how you are doing it. You could use the money you had spent on building a new PC and then have that at the end of the experience to show for it, rather than lining someone else's wallet.

I signed up to Computeach a few years back [for the MCSE funnily enough] and my bank account is now lighter by a few grand. Save your money and organise your learning by yourself. Start with the A+ and then move on to the N+. At this point you can then decide if you still want to continue down the MCSA/MCSE route or try another way.

Whichever way you go you will need to factor in as much practical work as possible. Spend time dealing with the hardware and software itself rather than just reading and writing about it.

Take care and good luck with whatever you decide. :D

Certifications: None :(
    WIP: A+
  4. cocoloco

cocoloco New Member

hey thanks for your advice,i will take it into consideration,i do have the possibility of my work place funding me,thou afer reading the posts on this site i have now been put off a bit,bye for now

Certifications: A+
  5. iank

iank Bit Poster

Hi there, i was also contemplating going with NITLC once, until i found out the course material consisted mainly of the Microsoft press books, it seemed pointless spending all that money for what i could buy for say a few pounds from a book shop. When you hit problems there are plenty of sites like this one where you can get help. Somebody also told me to ask them how many students had actually ever finnished there TSE course, I asked the question and was never given a reply. I notice that NITLC advertise on this forum so maybe they could set a new standard on this site and do a questions and answering service for all the people considering training.
    Good luck with your training, and come on NITLC, give us a chance to ask questions

6. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Coco,

If you do go with them it would be interesting to see if they would consider a "open forum". Not one that all the paid students should benefit from but one prospective students could see for themselves.
    It seems a lot of these companies only want to send a sales person around.
    Best of luck to you whatever you decide :thumbleft

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  7. moominboy

moominboy Gigabyte Poster

if i remember rightly mate the ad's are google sponsored?

but if so or not, it's still a good idea, why don't teaching providers try to defend themselves on a medium where all the info is available to us........oh. i get it now!

:tongue

Certifications: ECDL
    WIP: A+