Urgently need an advice on the careerjobs uk

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by saltamontes, Jul 26, 2011.

1. saltamontes

saltamontes New Member

Hello everyone,

I am so upset about being cheated by the company called Careerjobs UK.
    Unfortunately I signed up with their programme last month and I cancelled my credit card immediately after i found out about their **** emails but they have already taken my £79. I didnt sent them a letter to cancel the contract as i was very sad and didnt know what to do.I just didnt log on the programme and thought they wouldnt contact me again.
    Now because they couldnt get my money this month, they are sending me threatening letters to pay. At the moment I am trying to take legal advice and writing a letter to them.
    I called their office and there isnt any reply not surprising ha?
    I can see that there are many people they got into the same situation and I think that we should do something to stop this company.Is there anyone who could tell me how i can get out of this situation?
    If you could help, I would really appreciate it! Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2011
  2. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Again, nobody has actually defined how they are a 'scam'. Just because someone posts on a public forum that something is a scam doesn't make it true just because it suits you.
    How does that work? You haven't tried to cancel the contract, and now you're sad that it hasn't been cancelled?
    So, if you buy a car on a finance agreement and decide not to drive it, you don't have to repay the finance?
    I'm beginning to see the common trait amongst those people who have got themselves into this situation.

I don't mean to be rude, or unhelpful. I like to think that over the years I've tried to be helpful to those trying to get themselves out of TP contracts. However, there has been a recent deluge of people who have signed up for something and then claimed that it's a scam without making any effort to make use of the services that they have purchased or actually describing how it's a scam - other than the fact that they don't want what they originally bought.

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
    SiFor, Bluerinse and cautious chick like this.
  3. cautious chick

cautious chick Bit Poster

Saltamontes - I'm in agreement with JonnyMX on this one. He helped me out with sound advice as I was in a similar situation, but you really do have to read the contract as there is always a "cooling off" period. Maybe I was a little paranoid when I wanted to back out and I thought they wouldn't honour it, but I stuck to my side of the bargain - wrote a letter (recorded delivery) cancelling the contract within the 7 days and I was refunded and got an email of confirmation. I don't think they are the monsters that some people are making them out to be. If you didn't read the small print then I'm afraid you are bound by the contract. If there is no reply when you call them, why not try from a different phone? I hope it works out for you, keep us updated with any news!