Problem URGENT. Aspire 6920g Screen Replacement - Nobody knows how?!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Special Brew, Apr 19, 2011.

1. Special Brew

Special Brew Nibble Poster

Hi everybody!

I've just brought a aspire 6920g for £80, it's a used laptop with a broken screen.

I've tried taking the screen out, but I can only get as far as the Bezel, it seems to go all the way around the hinges too? Making impossible to remove the bezel.

I've googled heavily but can't seem to find the answer? I'm assuming i'm going to have to dissasemble more on this than the most common screen removal.

Can somebody please give me some instructions.

Special Brew.

2. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Does this guide help at all?

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  3. Carlito

Carlito Bit Poster

if thats the case you will probably need to seperate the entire screen from the laptop. remove the back panel and check for screws attaching the screen hinges to the laptop,once the screens off the plastic hinge covers most likely split in two allowing you to remove the complete bezel. i have had to do this before when changing an acer screen on a different model.

4. Special Brew

Um, not really. I started taking it apart yesterday, got to the point where i had disconnected a hinge, but noticed after removing some cabels, that there were some that went deep under the motherboard, unable to get to, and it went under the bezel.

I didn't go any further because i didnt want to mess things up.

You're right there, but I got to the point where all i needed to do was disconnect one more hinge, but before attempting that, there was a white wire going down under the mobo, which also connected to the lcd.
    I didnt want to try and get to the mobo just to disconnect that wire, you think i could disconnect it from the inverter?

Thanks for your help.

Special Brew

5. Johnd76

Johnd76 Megabyte Poster

Certifications: MCP, MCDST
    WIP: Not a thing
  6. Special Brew

Nah, I went on that before and again, that is the standard removal of a screen, I can't get the bezel off because it goes right the way around the hinges, making it impossible to remove the bottom part of the bezel.

7. Johnd76

Johnd76 Megabyte Poster

If in doubt.....just hit it with a hammer!

Certifications: MCP, MCDST
    WIP: Not a thing
  8. Special Brew

Tempted lol.