1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Urgent 70-210 question

Discussion in 'Windows Vista / 7 / 8 Client Exams' started by Donn, Jan 16, 2007.

1. Donn

Donn New Member

Hi there,

Does anyone know whether there are any subnetting questions in the exam, as this is sort of covered in the official MS WIN2K PRO book, but I havn't come across any yet in the Transcender quiz.
    If subnetting is on the exam then I will need to swot up for it, as my exam is next friday.

Thanks in advance

Donn :biggrin

Certifications: A+, Network+, 70-210, 70-215
    WIP: 70-218
  2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Know the different classes and I'm sure that you will be fine. 8)

I can't remember any on my exam, but that was back in 2000, or was it 2001? :rolleyes:

3. r.h.lee

r.h.lee Gigabyte Poster

Donn,

According to "Preparation Guide for Exam 70-210: Installing, Configuring, and Administering Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional", under the "Implementing, Managing, and Troubleshooting Network Protocols and Services" section, it states "Configure and troubleshoot the TCP/IP protocol."

They may indirectly test you on subnetting by having you troubleshoot the TCP/IP protocol to verify if the host's IP address is a valid IP address for the subnet given the subnet mask or something similar.

I hope this helps.

Links:
    1. Preparation Guide for Exam 70-210: Installing, Configuring, and Administering Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional - http://www.microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-210.mspx

Certifications: MCSE, MCP+I, MCP, CCNA, A+
    WIP: CCDA
  4. Donn

Donn New Member

Hi there,

Cheers for all the info guys, it has been very useful. To be honest I'm probably getting worried over nothing. As I feel that if you can pass the 2000 server exam, then you should have no problem with 2000 professional.
    Touch wood everything will be fine and I will pass next friday, then all I will need is the 70-218 to get my MCSA.

Regards

Donn :biggrin

Certifications: A+, Network+, 70-210, 70-215
    WIP: 70-218