Upgrading from MCSA:Messaging to MCSE

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by mad_maxx, Jan 3, 2010.

1. mad_maxx

mad_maxx Bit Poster

Hi there,

I gained MCSA:Messaging certification in March last year. I haven't undertaken any further study due to personal and work commitments.

I have been working in a non-technical ITIL role for the past 10 months, though intend moving back into the technical field very soon.

In order to put myself in the best position to get back into the technical field, I intend to upgrade my MCSA to MCSE.

What would be the best way of doing this? The exams I have so far are 70-270, 70-290, 70-291, 70-284. Would it be worth my while restudying the whole MCSA sylabus before doing the MCSE upgrade exams, or could I get away with just refreshing myself on the material covered in 70-290 (Server 2003) and 70-291 (Server 2003 Network Infrastructure)?

Cheers

MaX

Certifications: MCSE:Messaging
  2. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

I would recommend going straight in for the 70-293, then the 70-294 followed by the 70-297.

I wrote a little guide that links across to all Microsoft Qualifications here

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  3. mad_maxx

mad_maxx Bit Poster

Thanks for that. Would you say that I'll be ok going straigh in without revisiting the previous material I've studied?

Certifications: MCSE:Messaging