Upgraded CV

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by greenbrucelee, Jul 5, 2007.

1. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

This an upgrade of my CV that I had asked people to comment on, actually its completly revised, I have left out contact detail etc for obvious reasons I would appreciate some feedback on this version.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  2. Bambino1506

Bambino1506 Megabyte Poster

Looks decent to me, I would put emphasis on the customer service skills you have achieved in your current employment, phone manner etc.

I would also add that you are currently self studying for your compTIA A+ at the top of your CV.

Certifications: MCP,MCDST,MCSA
    WIP: CCA
  3. Bambino1506

Agency's scan CV's for keywords, mentioning the A+ even if you're only studying for it right now will attract attention and get you interview chances, where you can impress with your personality.

Just my thoughts mate, good luck.

4. greenbrucelee

Cheers Bambino1506 I did actually have the A+ on there but I had put it on the CV as if I already had it, so you think it will look better if I put that I am actually studying for it?

5. Bambino1506

Don't say u've got it,no point lying, just put that you are currently studying for your CompTIA A+ PC technican certification, trust me it increases interest.

hth

6. greenbrucelee

I have altered accordingly also where it mentions customer support I have put that customers have relayed back to my manager how helpful I was and that it was also mentioned in my annual appraisal that customers wanted to thank me for my help.

Hopefully it will do some good.

7. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I think it'll look better if you don't falsify your CV... :dry

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  8. greenbrucelee

Well I did put it on the cv as I planned not to look for jobs untill I passed my A+ but I think I may be made redundant before then as the MD and his managment team cant do their jobs and everyone is suffering for that.

My manager is only manager here who seems to have a brain.

9. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

What job you are applying for should have a bearing on your CV. You should enhance what you have and play down what isnt relevant.

For instance...

My previous job was account administration, creating/deleting user accounts, etc. But I was applying for development jobs, so I played up that aspect. Heres an example of what I put (I dont have my current CV to hand so its only rough).

I would say that you should provide more than a bullet-pointed list of responsibilities. Remember that your CV is the first contact a company will have with you, its a good indicator for your ability to communicate with others.

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  10. greenbrucelee

I am not applying at the moment but as you can see from it I havent got much IT experience but if I have to start looking shortly I suppose it will have to be desktop or pc support as the knowledge I have and am gaining at the minute plus my customer support help should (hopefully) help towards a support role.