1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Upgrade from MCAD web to MCPD Windows

Discussion in 'MCAD / MCSD / MCPD' started by MarkMiddlemist, Oct 16, 2008.

1. MarkMiddlemist

MarkMiddlemist New Member

Hi All

Just a quick question regarding the upgrade certifications.
    Way back when I got my MCAD cert I was working for a web developement company but now I am finally looking to upgrade to MCPD (2005 for the moment) I am working inhouse for a firm where the windows certification makes more sense.

My question is: Given I have MCAD Web will exam 70-552 take to MCPD Windows?

Thanks in advance for any help

Mark

2. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

On the official MS site - http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/upgrade/vs2005/default.mspx it states that as long as you have a MCAD cert then you can upgrade it to a MCPD.

By passing the 70-552 you should in fact obtain two certs - MCTS: .NET Framework 2.0 Windows Applications and MCPD: Windows Developer on Visual Studio 2005

Hope this helps.

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  3. MarkMiddlemist

MarkMiddlemist New Member

Thanks for the confrimation

Mark