Up to much for the easter weekend?

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Alex399, Apr 1, 2010.

1. Alex399

Alex399 Byte Poster

So what is everyones plans for this easter weekend?? :D

I am very sure of what I'll be doing... thats looking for any sort of job to pay basic bills...

I was told today that I will be dismissed a week from now :eek: :cry:

I only have myself to blame as well as I wasn't covering my own salary with placements I was

making so I was only losing the company money... so yeah thats made my weekend turn into a big

pile of ****

Last edited: Apr 1, 2010
    WIP: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST
  2. drum_dude

drum_dude Gigabyte Poster

Sorry to hear that! So exactly did you do as a job?

Certifications: MCP, MCSA 2000 , N+, A+ ,ITIL V2, MCTS, MCITP Lync 2010 & MCSA 2008, Sonus SATP SBC 1k/2k
    WIP: Hopefully Skype for Business and some Exchange stuff...
  3. Alex399

Alex399 Byte Poster

Engineering recruitment consultant more specifically for the manufacturing sector in engineering which as many or all of you already know is in an absolute state at the moment, with all workers overseas working there tits off for the equivilent of £2.00 p/hr instead of employing people here for 5 times the price, but hey thats the world we live in isn't it.

In all fairness I hated the job anyway but its left me a bit empty pocket for the forseeable future...

The company I work for currently has the bare minimum recuritment consultants employed at the moment.

Hell! I'm even considering asking him to come back on a commision only basis and see if I can pull a coulple of rabbits out the hat, my director has a 0% risk with me financially in that case but could possible leave me financially ruined as well.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2010
    WIP: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST
  4. Col

Col Byte Poster

Sorry to hear that. Hope you get something soon....

Certifications: A+ Network+ MCP MCDST MCITP
    WIP: CCENT Security+
  5. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and make getting a job your full-time job. YOU CAN DO IT! :)

Best of luck in your search.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  6. Asterix

Asterix Megabyte Poster

Time to make your break buddy! Those entry level certs demonstrate a great knowledge foundation and should help you in your quest!
    Good luck