Unofficial Game Controller for Windows

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Haroon Mustafa, Jun 20, 2015.

1. Haroon Mustafa

Haroon Mustafa Byte Poster

hello

I need help fast! I cannot wait to play the witcher 3, but my controller has stopped working.

I was using a Xbox 360 controller for windows (bought off eBay)

However, as it keeps disconnecting from the game, and stopping the game after I press any controller buttons continuously. I have decided to buy a non-windows controller.

The controller is wired (USB) but is a replica of a Ps2 controller and does not have the Xbox 260 layout.

But whenever I try use it with the witcher it does not work. I have installed the drivers that came with the CD but as far as I know it is not in Device Manager. And I cannot configure it for the witcher.

It turns on as there is a light showing there is a live connection/power to the controller.

Please, any advice will be great!!

thanks

Certifications: Cisco IT Essens - Various College Btech Certs
    WIP: Study CCNA 1 / apprentice at Level 2 Stage
  2. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

Theres a program (cant remember the name sorry) which lets you configure any pc controller within the software. Try googling something like "pc controler configuration program" failing that just get an xbox one wired controller.

3. Haroon Mustafa

Haroon Mustafa Byte Poster

Thanks Juelz. There were a few, one popular one Pinnacle Game Profiler.
    I had trouble installing that on Windows 8.1 and ended up using something else. I have not configured my controller yet, as I am getting better with keyboard and mouse. Shooting and aiming with a mouse is so much better that pre-aimed controller settings.

Thanks

Certifications: Cisco IT Essens - Various College Btech Certs
    WIP: Study CCNA 1 / apprentice at Level 2 Stage