Uninstalling Vista

Discussion in 'Software' started by jackd, Jun 23, 2006.

1. jackd

jackd Megabyte Poster

Ive got vista installed on one hard drive and XP on the other. Is there a way were i can uninstall Vista from that hard drive without formating the drive. If there is how?

Jack

2. Nelix
    Honorary Member

Nelix Gigabyte Poster

this is curtesy of CliffG

Hope this helps

Derek

Certifications: A+, 70-210, 70-290, 70-291, 74-409, 70-410, 70-411, 70-337, 70-347
    WIP: 70-346
  3. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

It hasn't even been released yet and already someone is trying to uninstall it...

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  4. Baba O'Riley

Baba O'Riley Gigabyte Poster

Make that two people. I uninstalled it from a dual boot set up about two hours after installing it. Still have it set up as a VM though.

Word of warning. When unistalling it, I did exactly as described above and my XP installation still worked fine for a couple of hours but after a couple of reboots, the boot sector got wiped. No amount of Recovery Console tinkering would restore it (and running a repair installation from the CD never works for me - I think it's to do with my chipset drivers) so I ended up restoring my machine from a backup. I don't know if it was connected to uninstalling Vista or not, but watch out just in case.

Certifications: A+, Network+
    WIP: 70-270
  5. jackd

jackd Megabyte Poster

Thanks Everyone Its gone!