Problem Uninistalling a program error on Windows 10

Discussion in 'Software' started by Haroon Mustafa, Aug 11, 2015.

1. Haroon Mustafa

Haroon Mustafa Byte Poster

Hello all,

I have a problem regarding a program not uninstalling on Windows 10.

I have tried many times in add or remove programs to remove BitTorrent.

I am having trouble with the program itself, and keep getting "files missing, please re-check" error message on my downloaded torrents. (I have recently changed the downloaded files dir.) on BitTorrent and Windows 10)

Please help with any information or suggestions. If there Is any other way to remove a program that would be great..

Kind regards,
    Haroon

Certifications: Cisco IT Essens - Various College Btech Certs
    WIP: Study CCNA 1 / apprentice at Level 2 Stage
  2. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

Never had issues unistalling BitTorrent on older OS but are you sure the problem is with W10 and not with the program itself as I know some programs wont uninstall in the add/remove programs applet. Are you sure there isnt an uninstaller that came with the program? Try uninstalling in safe mode if possible. Failing that you may have to contact BitTorrent and ask how to manually unistall it if google is coming up with nothing.

3. Vince Polston

Vince Polston Nibble Poster

I would suggest downloading and re-installing the application overtop of the current install. After that you should be able to go to uninstall the program. It just seems like the install got corrupt after you upgraded to Windows 10. Let us know if it works!!

4. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

I know there was a bug in Windows 10 that prevented some apps from uninstalling correctly. However, that should have been corrected with the latest Windows 10 updates. Did you install the latest Windows 10 Cumulative update?

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  5. Haroon Mustafa

Haroon Mustafa Byte Poster

I have not found a fix, however i will be re installing windows 10 anyway, as i will be receiving windows 10 pro. I believe BitTorrent is not installing due to the download location and such are configured badly.

Thanks

Certifications: Cisco IT Essens - Various College Btech Certs
    WIP: Study CCNA 1 / apprentice at Level 2 Stage