Problem Unable to log in

Discussion in 'Internet, Connectivity and Communications' started by Anne, May 17, 2011.

1. Anne

Anne New Member

I've just bought some practice tests from Transcender. I was running Mozilla Firefox at that moment and was unable to download them. I switched to IE and couldn't access my account on their website. I've tried from a different computer and I was able to log in fine. I am running IE 8. How could I solve this problem? Any advice? Thanks

WIP: CompTIA A+
  2. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

Contact Transcender?

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  3. Anne

Anne New Member

I've already contacted them, they didn't help. They told me that the problem is my computer because i am able to log in from a different computer and i should solve it myself.

4. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

They're right - if you can log in elsewhere, then the issue is with your PC. Delete your cache, temp files, saved passwords, cookies etc and try again. Failing that, try uninstalling anything you have from Transcender and reinstalling it. If you're going through a proxy, disable it. If the courses you are trying to 'download' are online courses, check your IE security settings and make sure they tally with whatever Transcender suggests on their website/support site. Check the level of Java VM you have is compatible with Transcender's stuff.

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  5. Anne

Anne New Member

Thanks for reply. I've deleted all temp files, cookies... . I don't have anything instaled on my pc from transcender because i haven't logged in yet to access and download those courses. Proxy is disabled. I've checked settings. I have no idea what else i could try.

6. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

I think you need to be more specific. Is isnt working how? What happens?

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  7. Anne

Anne New Member

When I type my email and password, I click sign in and the website redirects me back to enter username and password again.. Although i can sign in from another computer without any problems.

8. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

Sounds like a cookies issue to be honest. It could be that the settings are preventing the site from creating a cookie to store your login details on.

Double check the settings in both IE and FF regarding cookies creation. In FF go to the Privacy tab, and check to see if the Accept Cookies From Sites checkbox is ticked (or if not, that the transcender site is listed as allow in the exceptions). If it is, double check the Transcender domain is not in the exceptions list as a deny.

I've had this in the past with some sites to be honest. Although I usually found that if it didnt work in FF, it almost always worked in IE.

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present