UK IT workers train overseas replacements

Discussion in 'News' started by Kitkatninja, Aug 19, 2009.

1. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

UK IT workers train overseas replacements

UK IT contractors are being forced to train overseas workers to take their jobs.

Businesses are bringing overseas staff to the UK to cut costs by using Intra Company Transfer (ICT) migration rule, which is not meant for this purpose. This is in addition to increased offshoring to countries such as India to cut costs.

The Migration Advisory Committee (MAC) will today publish a report on the ICT rule in response to complaints about its overuse and misuse, particularly in the IT sector.

Offshoring to cut costs and using ICT to bring cheap offshore labour onshore is reducing UK IT jobs and damaging UK skills in the process, say IT contractors.

The ICT scheme was introduced to allow businesses to bring in people with important skills that the company could not source within the UK. But these rules are being used to bring in cheap labour, claim IT contractors.

Article: Here

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
porta2_tags:

Comments

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. JK2447
      JK2447
      Good work mate. He was probably a brain dumper too because I find it hard to believe someone with those certs, would have such illogical and obtuse views . . . .
      Last edited: Mar 21, 2010
    2. supernova
      supernova
      I think he was trying to play the 'R' card when that doesn't have anything to do with it.
    3. Modey
      Modey
      Tsk, Ken is such a trouble maker! He lights the blue touchpaper with his posts and then steps back! :)
    4. Kitkatninja
      Kitkatninja
      Just came back from shopping, I can't believe the assumptions that were made about me :rolleyes: As anyone who has met me would have just laughed (or spit out their coffee). Thanks guys for your input regarding this. :thumbleft

I'm a firestarter, twisted firestarter :twisted:

-Ken
    5. JonnyMX
      JonnyMX
      Was it a racist pot?

:blink
    6. Asterix
      Asterix
      Good call Sparky, Goodbye ITGURUS
    7. supernova
      supernova
      Nahh i think it was a tea pot.

8. JK2447
      JK2447
      I won't have a bad word said about Ken "The Saint" Wagner :angel

AND :offtopic I heard this week a large portion of our Network support is going to Poland and Server support to India. We are already well established in these countries so its not a case of anyone flying over to do knowledge transfer, but I felt it was relevant to this thread.

I had some dealings with said Polish Network support and found the chaps knowledge to be superb. He put one of our guys in Liverpool to shame over a link he'd set up to Ireland....
    9. zebulebu
      zebulebu
      Jeez that guy was a tool.
    10. AJ
      AJ
      So now everyone has passed comment

:offtopic
    11. Len
      Len
      there goes a career in IT for me :dry
    12. Modey
      Modey
      That 'did' make me spit my coffee out, do you owe him money or something? :)
    13. Arroryn
      Arroryn
      Not any more he doesn't.... :ohmy
    14. Sparky
      Sparky
      Yup, even without the IP lookup is was fairly obvious it was the same guy.

Dunno what his problem was...
    15. JK2447
      JK2447
      Ah mate when did you get your MCITP EA? You rock!
    16. Sparky
      Sparky
      LOL, ages ago mate! :biggrin :biggrin

I still do rock though... :)
    17. zebulebu
      zebulebu
      I ain't got no MCITP EA, but I rock harder than all of you. ALL of you. I rock so hard that I treadmilled to Brutal Truth and Napalm Death this evening. Check out Domo in my Av - that's slowed down from 260BPM. He rocks too.

:rocks
      Last edited: Mar 22, 2010
    18. Sparky
      Sparky
      Len, I suggest you edit your own post as it makes you sound like a racist. I’m hoping that was something you wrote in the heat of the moment and don’t truly mean it.

Anyways, if you don’t edit the post I`ll have to raise the matter in the mods forum.
    19. AJ
      AJ
      I think that it is time for action on this post and therfore before a flame/trolling war breaks out, I am closing it.

Action has been taken and some of the offending posts have been removed.