UK IT Training, Anyone know anything about them?

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by pacman, Aug 9, 2005.

1. pacman

pacman New Member

Sorry if this is in the wrong section(i'm new)

But i'm about to part with 5800 pounds for courses on MCSE MCSA additional courses to do with windows 2003 servers.
    and the compTIA security+

The courses are with UK IT Training in Tolworth london.

Does anyone know anything about them or completed a course with them.

Thanks in advance :wink:

WIP: MCSA/MCSE compTIA Security
  2. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

Hey pacman, not sure about the training provider but why are you doing the Windows 2000 track and not XP/server 2003?

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  3. Frontier

Frontier Byte Poster

Another one of these companies who seem to guarantee you a job at £20k with no experience and a few little exams.

4. pacman

pacman New Member

Thanks, i've decided not to go with Uk it Training now.

Good that i found this forum because i have now enrolled for my first course (A+) at South East Essex College.

Which seems the best route to take. especially now i'm not handing over thousands for all the courses.

WIP: MCSA/MCSE compTIA Security
  5. Sarah

Sarah Byte Poster

6. superkarimo

superkarimo Bit Poster

p,

I advise a lot of caution. A few years ago I was looking at various trainers for web design. Out of curiosity I visitted UK IT at Tolworth. First impressions were quite good as they well equipped rooms. But, the woman I saw about training went through details at the speed of light and tried to bamboozle me with various meaningless graphs. One sure way of putting me off is facts(?) presented too quickly. Anyway I later attended a sort of lecture about the training in one of the impressive rooms but I was not won over. Why? 2 reasons. 1/ Specifically for the web design course they showed a website design and it looked like a flipping computer game more than a website. I think it was done using Flash. Ok designers do indulge in self promotional pointless stuff but businesses know better nowadays. I could not see any business wanting a similar design 2/ the woman actively encouraged me to take time of my job as sick leave so I could attend their course at times during the day. good ethics I think not! The only plus for the course was a free copy of the latest Dreamweaver and Fireworx package at the time. I declined their offer when they called me at home a few days later and they were a bit pee-d off about it. I think they actually forgot I was their customer wanting to buy something from them.

My advice steer clear of UK IT. Buy a teach yourself books with cds and trial software. Use the trial period as best as possible to work through the books. Hell there's a lot of FREE software and resources out there to help you. Try that first. Imagine what you could buy/do with the money you would spend on training

Certifications: City & Guilds diplomas in C,C++ and VB
    WIP: ???
  7. superkarimo

superkarimo Bit Poster

Certifications: City & Guilds diplomas in C,C++ and VB
    WIP: ???